Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Crossing State Lines

ekimmob

General question, I found some BLM land I want to hunt but can't access it from the state I am hunting...I can however access it from another state since the unit is on a state line. Basically I would park on BLM land in the state I am not hunting and walk to access the BLM land I want to hunt in the state I am hunting. Anyone see any issue with this? I would assume that as long as I have my weapon unloaded and am sure that I take any animal within my unit that this wouldn't be an issue. Thanks in advance for your thoughts. Mike

I have done that. Kept my weapon cased and unloaded. We were able to access in on a two track road from a state section to BLM. This was Wyoming to Colorado.
Brought out a deer the same way without an issue, make sure it is tagged legally for transporting through both states.

You may however want to contact the game wardens for each state you are talking about.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I contacted the game and fish departments from both sides (Montana and Wyoming) and got the OK on this. No issues traveling back and forth across states lines as long as you adhere to the appropriate rules on both sides. I just wanted to follow up. Mike

Just wanted to let everyone know that I contacted the game and fish departments from both sides (Montana and Wyoming) and got the OK on this. No issues traveling back and forth across states lines as long as you adhere to the appropriate rules on both sides. I just wanted to follow up. Mike

Fantastic. This is the hoped for outcome but when involving two bureaucracies is a crapshoot. Will they provide a note in writing in case are stopped?

I do this often. Be aware of game transport laws as well.

I do this often. Be aware of game transport laws as well.

Yeah I would read up on CWD laws in both states. I know that some states don't allow the transport brain or spinal material across state lines so there could technically be a requirement that you boil out a head at the kill site and bone out the animal.

Back