Mountain Pant vs. Timberline Pant

ida homer

I'm going to order one or the other this week. I already own the Ascent pant.

What I'm looking for is a pant I can wear in Idaho during rifle season. Essentially October 1st - November 8th. Typically lows of 20-30 and highs of 50-60. I have good long johns so I can layer when it gets colder.

Thoughts on which? Thanks.

I ordered the Mountain and they were nice but after feeling the material I wanted the waterproof butt portion of the Timberlines. Leoadventures.com is offering 50% off and free shipping from Aug 18th thru Sept 1st if you qualify to join.

I'm going to order one or the other this week. I already own the Ascent pant.

What I'm looking for is a pant I can wear in Idaho during rifle season. Essentially October 1st - November 8th. Typically lows of 20-30 and highs of 50-60. I have good long johns so I can layer when it gets colder.

Thoughts on which? Thanks.

you want the timberlines hands down. I have them and wore them from 40-50 degrees with no underlayers down to zero with layers on underneath. The mountain are nice for anything above 40/50 and they're more durable than the ascents in my opinion.

Agree with all the above I bought the Timberlines this winter for lion hunting and spring bears and they are awesome. I also have the Mountain pant and they have served me well but if you are hunting high country or anything I highly recommend the Timberline pants.

Done deal. I'm gonna go with the timberlines, thanks for the responses guys. Sounds like the mountain pants would be too much overlap for what I have.

Seems to me from the feel of both in the newest version that the only real difference is the waterproof knees and seat. They had the same thickness and material it felt like.

Seems like the new ascent pants are a lot thinner than the old ones. I was pretty surprised when I picked up a pair so if I were replacing my old ascent pants I'd probably go up to the mountain pant.

Timberlines are much sturdier all around

Seems like the new ascent pants are a lot thinner than the old ones. I was pretty surprised when I picked up a pair so if I were replacing my old ascent pants I'd probably go up to the mountain pant.

Timberlines are much sturdier all around

Yeah the new ascents are crazy light, loved the old ones but these may be almost too light for me, if I had it to do over I would have gotten mtn pants.

I hunted all of October and November last year in timberlines, I really liked them. I think they will serve you well.

I ordered the Mountain and they were nice but after feeling the material I wanted the waterproof butt portion of the Timberlines. Leoadventures.com is offering 50% off and free shipping from Aug 18th thru Sept 1st if you qualify to join.

I'd be interested to know what the actual price is for the Timberline pants Leoadventures is selling before I give them $25 to sign up. Is this something you can provide?

I'd be interested to know what the actual price is for the Timberline pants Leoadventures is selling before I give them $25 to sign up. Is this something you can provide?

I'm ordering mine off of expertcity. I think the price is $115, no tax, free shipping. Leo is probably similar.

I'm ordering mine off of expertcity. I think the price is $115, no tax, free shipping. Leo is probably similar.

I ordered 2 pairs and a Kelvin lite vest this morning thinking I had a smoking deal until I read your post...

Leo was 114.50 with free shipping but I got charged sales tax. So Expertcity is a better deal depending on where you live and if you have that available in your group. I must belong to a different group because Sitka is not listed on Expertcity. The only way I could order it discounted is thru Leoadvetures.

I ordered 2 pairs and a Kelvin lite vest this morning thinking I had a smoking deal until I read your post...

Leo was 114.50 with free shipping but I got charged sales tax. So Expertcity is a better deal depending on where you live and if you have that available in your group. I must belong to a different group because Sitka is not listed on Expertcity. The only way I could order it discounted is thru Leoadvetures.

I think even with taxes that seems like a great deal based on what I've seen the Timberlines priced at. I looked into the expertcity, but I don't think there's a group I could join. I might be able to join Leoadventures. I'll have to investigate further. Do you know if they have Sitka's full line or is limited?

They give you a code and you then shop on Sitka's main page. The code is good for anything in stock, which is almost the full line all the time. I think there was two sizes of Timberlines that were out of stock when I ordered. If you wait till after the 1st Leo goes back to 40% and shipping.

Well That sucks, I went to join but because of recently being injured in the line of duty to the extent of retirement, I'm not eligible.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back