Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Breakfast anyone ?

ProBar and clifshot mocha with caffeine. Maybe a packet of almond or peanut butter if I'm feeling it.

I typically start my day with corn beef, sweet potato hash, with onions, red peppers, fresh herbs and two soft basted eggs in organic butter. I usually compliment this with my caramel/vanilla mocha/latte/coldpress/espresso. By then I'll usually be on the phone with my servant who is glassing two ridges over down in the basin....

If I'm out camping on a hunt its usually very little breakfast for me. Small cup of coffee and a banana is about as much as I typically do, that said I usually have a decent amount of small snacks with me and will have an early lunch.

My dad and brother would get up early to cook pancakes and bacon every morning during the elk hunt. We have been doing that for several years... of course we do not backpack hunt.

Coffee.

I am not a breakfast guy most days. I do have granola & oatmeal, & bacon & eggs in cooler,but that is for the meal with heart I hope for each year.
I make sure my pack is packed with dried apricots & almonds,Cliff bars,jerky,good cheese & homemade bread,pb&j sammiches. Can go all day & overnight if needed,if I have water.

But, Coffee is most important, for me...I hunt alone.

I know this isn't what this post is about but if I could have this for bfast in the mtns there would be no substitute!!!!! Just got back from Ireland and the traditional full Irish breakfast is something to behold!!!!! Thought I had a pic of one from one of the B&B's me n my wife stayed at but I don't; sorry, it is an impressive sight!!!!

You can't have a back country meal discussion without mentioning butt hole sandwiches.

butthole_sandwich.jpg

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back