Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Breakfast anyone ?

Gkalk

May have been covered before, not sure... an informal poll on breakfast meals.
What's your backcountry breakfast preference:
Mtn House ?
Heathers Choice ?
Off Grid ?
Home made - and by this I mean you made it, if you do, what is it ?
And if you'd like to share why, that'd be great.

Oatmeal (just add water to the packet)

Logan Bread if I'm not too lazy to make it before I leave

Pop Tarts and breakfast bars.

One of these is usually what I count on for breakfast. Thinking if I can find a dry salami recipe I might add that to the mix.

Pop tart or rice crispy treat or breakfast bar while walking to glassing spot.
Souped up Oatmeal (with protein powder/dried fruit/nuts added) and mountain mocha (coffee w/hot choc) while waiting for light and glassing.

A bowl of two packets of instant oatmeal and a cup of Starbucks instant via mixed with hot chocolate.

Instant oatmeal with powdered milk or protein powder (muscle milk etc.). If I am running behind Powerbar or the like. Sometimes peanut butter and honey tortillas with bacon. Always coffee!

I make all my own meals...

Bfast -
Plain instant oats
whole milk powder
Ground flax seeds
freeze dried fruit
chopped pecans
Stevia

All in a ziploc ... just empty into boiling water, and wait a minute.
one peanut butter packet (on the side)
COFFEE

Poptarts (maple brown sugar), granola bar, gatorade...I know I'm in the minority, but I do not like coffee.

Last edited:
I'm not usually a breakfast eater, but when I do and I'm pressed for time, it's usually peanutbutter, honey, and bacon in a tortilla wrap and coffee. I keep poptarts
and trail mix in my pack for the day. When I have time I like fried potatoes and bacon and eggs. I keep the bacon grease in a container for later use. Ziplock omlettes are always nice too while you wait for coffee to perk. I believe in eating well at camp and go out of my way to make good food for dinners.

A bagel and a package of tuna. Jetboil instant Folgers coffee. Mountain house for the remaining meals with a cliff bar here and there.

Oatmeal, banana, and coffee. I'm a snacker so I carry a lot of food in the field and eat half of it by lunch.

I go hunting to hunt, so 90% of my camp meals are just to get edible, adequate calories in me so I can hunt. That said, I will pack some beer, or bourbon, and a few items for a few well planned dinners.

At breakfast time I am usually in a hurry to get hunting, at lunch time I am usually on the move, after I have filled a tag, then it's heart, liver, loins.

Guess I should've tossed mine out in the initial post...
Oatmeal with dried cranberries, apples, banana chips, and usually a payday, drink: hot tea. Home made trail-mix after that for snacking.

Me too please. Exactly this.

On some days, if I'm feeling sassy and have nowhere to be immediately, I'll have one of those Mountain House scramblers rolled up in a tortilla with some hot sauce.

I'm not a fan out mountain house, but good to know we are on the same page with the choffee!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back