Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Trophy Antelope doe

Millsworks

Any pictures out there of some good old ancient antelope does?
I have never had a doe antelope brought into my taxidermy shop. I'm hopeful that an old one will ride home with me this fall. I have heard talk of 4"+ horns on some of the does.
Would love to see some pics of a few decent does if you guys don't mind showing them.
Not popular I'm sure, but I plan to mount an antelope doe if I can find a good representative.

Thanks

Doe with horns make beautiful mounts. All of my doe pics seem to have been on an old card can't find.
My oldest doe with the longest horn, she had dropped one, was 14 1/2 years old and had a 4 in. horn . G&F lab aged her for me and they have a pic of her in the lab, she is the oldest antelope they have aged so far.
Smaller 1-2 1/2 in. horns are pretty common. You should be able to find a nice one with longer horns if you are patient.

Thanks guys for the response. Was hoping to see a few pictures for reference, being that I haven't seen an antelope doe at all, much less a good mature one.
Television shows generally focus on bucks and I have only gotten bucks brought to me for mounting.
I will focus on body size to find a good one, if nothing else.

Good luck to all this fall.

Great photo.
Looks like a nice brisk day too. I hope to have cool temps to help me keep the cape in prime condition.

That was the first week of October. A cold storm blew through and made the first day unbearable with high winds and sleet.

I also have two doe tags. I probably would have tried for a antelope buck tag also, but I'll wait till I'm more familiar with the area and have more time to hunt.

This is a great thread. I have my first doe tag this year and now have something to focus on besides just the meat. If I'm good and successful with something worth showing Ill post it.

Look for the cheek patch and you won't make that mistake.
Meaning if it has one it's not a doe.

Look for the cheek patch and you won't make that mistake.
Meaning if it has one it's not a doe.

sage advice. I sent the picture I posted above to a buddy and he asked why I shot such a small buck. I told him to look for the cheek patch. My first year hunting antelope I was really nervous about shooting a small buck. Good binoculars or a spotting scope will make it easier to identify that cheek patch.

I could see making a mistake if no optic on your rifle and not looking carefully with bino or spotter.
I'm always a little picky in my choice of game to take, regardless of sex or species. I'm sure most would be apt to goof on a doe antelope hunt if not mindful or in a hurry.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back