Yeti GOBOX Collection

Which headlamp?

I have a vizz and an older black diamond headlamp that I like. Both are good. My current go to is a Coast FL85 that throws out a ton of light when you need it but has lower settings for when you don't. They seem like the best bang for your buck right now.

I have an Ptetzl that is several years old I like pretty good. If you listen to podcasts, the newest hunt backcountry podcast from the exo mountain gear guys has a good review of several brands. i was surprised how much they talked up coast brand.

I just happened to be at Costco yesterday to pick up dog food. I also picked up a 2-pack that 2ski mentioned above. $20 right now. It turns out they are Coast FL72 which throw out over 400 lumens on the high setting. I doubt there's a better bargain anywhere right now.

Hunt the back country just did came out with a podcast on this very subject. I haven't listened to it yet but I will be today when im on the road.

Petzl Actik. I just picked on up and can't believe how bright it is. 300 lumens for supposedly 60 hours, plus two other dimmable levels and red.

I really like headlamps . This is very convenient. I want to update my inventory soon and buy a few pieces

Is it true that a blue light can pick up blood better than green or red?
Asking for a friend.

I have a zebra light AA headlamp, but if I were to do it again I would probably get the one that uses rechargeable li-ion batteries. The AA batteries really go fast if you are using the higher brightness settings.

I have a zebra light AA headlamp, but if I were to do it again I would probably get the one that uses rechargeable li-ion batteries. The AA batteries really go fast if you are using the higher brightness settings.
Just buy rechargeable batteries that plug into USB.

True, though I wouldn't have gotten the AA version if I had decided to use rechargeable batteries from the beginning.
I've gone 100% 18650 lights. I carry an extra battery on long trips...inside a spare Zebralight as a battery case. It's about an oz and barely larger than the battery.

i have black diamond spot and love it. that being said i have also had good luck with cheap energizer brand lights. i sometimes keep a cheap one for anyone that forgets theirs. i also use energizer ultimate lithium batteries. the weight savings is a bigger difference than you think when wearing it for several hours. they last a long time as well.

I go with the inexpensive Coast or Energizer headlamps. Batteries last just as long as my hunting partners expensive headlamps and the light is plenty adequate for tracking or getting in and out of the woods.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back