Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Newbie from SD

Prairie Rambler

Morning Everyone,

Thought I'd introduce myself. I'm a SD hunter by transplant, originally from WI, but I've finally figured it out after 5 years. I've got my Black Hills any-whitetail and West River 53C any-deer tag just waiting to be filled. Hoping to get 53B pronghorn and muzzle loader too, still waiting on the draw.

I stumbled along this forum after searching "pronghorn hunting" in youtube and ran into Fresh Tracks, down the rabbit hole from there I went. Hoping to meet some awesome people and share some good info. If anyone is in West River SD and wants a hunting/fishing partner, hit me up.

Howdy. Those are some nice deer tags you have. Should keep you busy.

We are hunting archery and rifle deer in the southern Black Hills this year. Hunted turkey this spring. Burning points for elk next year.

Good luck.

Welcome from wisconsin. Looking to transplant to the hills after my kids graduate from high school. Til then I will just take annual hunting trips to the west river side. I have a 35a any deer tag this year and can't hardly wait

Nice tag, gussyfarm. That one was a sleeper for sure. One of my co-workers and his group drew with one point. Any deer. Nice tag for one point.

Those hills turkeys definitely threw me for a loop this last spring. This year was the first year I've done it and I grew up hunting easterns in WI so they schooled me. I think I need to venture deeper into the hills. I'm pretty sure all the ones I was trying to call in had seen a person or two already. I've always wanted to get into elk hunting but I've never done it.

Nice tag, gussyfarm. That one was a sleeper for sure. One of my co-workers and his group drew with one point. Any deer. Nice tag for one point.

It took 6 points for me to draw. Seen some good bucks out there threw the years. Gonna be nice to have a tag in my pocket

Welcome from Indiana. Harvested many a good mule deer In SD, I have badlands dirt/clay permanently attached to most of my hunting gear!

Back