Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Griz Hunt Banned in BC

More B******t from BC. Policies that come from emotion rather than from facts/science will always fail

I saw that, maybe I read it wrong. But isn't all they are doing is requiring you to take the meat from it? Cause that's what AK requires if I'm correct?

Nevermind, I see where they said the hide, head, and paws are not allowed to be taken. All hunters need to stand together and fight this because sooner or later they will start doing it in all of Canada

I saw that, maybe I read it wrong. But isn't all they are doing is requiring you to take the meat from it? Cause that's what AK requires if I'm correct?

You can take the meat, But you have the leave the hide and skull there to rot.

Sad... Eliminate a sustainable harvest number to pander to "public opinion". Wow. Just wow. I think I'm pissed, sad, and confused all at the same time. Science gives way to culture.

So it is immoral to hunt an animal and use its paws, skull, hide, and meat, but it is acceptable to hunt an animal and only use the choice cuts of meat, wasting hide, skull, and paws? I guess our Gov't isn't the only institution incapable of principled rationality. The pathetic appeals that dominate the world's socio-political environment today are evidence of a culture diverging from academic thought to a less developed idiocracy. However, I doubt it will change until western culture foregoes its pompous emotional rhetoric and entitlement to the actions of others to correlate to their beliefs.

John Horgan(Premier of BC - NDP) .......... Victoria: (250) 387-3655 .......... [email protected] .......... www.johnhorganmla.ca
Andrew Weaver(Green party leader and MLA working in coalition with NDP) ..... Victoria: (250) 387-8347 .......... [email protected] ...... www.andrewweavermla.ca

This information is public, and is taken from the 'Vancouver Island Free Daily newspaper ..... August 15th edition ..... page 6.

John Horgan(Premier of BC - NDP) .......... Victoria: (250) 387-3655 .......... [email protected] .......... www.johnhorganmla.ca
Andrew Weaver(Green party leader and MLA working in coalition with NDP) ..... Victoria: (250) 387-8347 .......... [email protected] ...... www.andrewweavermla.ca

This information is public, and is taken from the 'Vancouver Island Free Daily newspaper ..... August 15th edition ..... page 6.

Thanks. I cant imagine it means too much to them hearing from someone on the east coast of the US, but it cant hurt...

It can't hurt at all. This is an issue that if it starts here is only a matter of time until the "emotion" wave is what starts managing everything, everywhere. At least south of the border you guys can actually get people to care and do something about it. I have already talked to hunters here who won't do anything about this............

Rules changed because of public opinion. What could go wrong there? Why not make it so it has to be quartered and processed? I guess that makes too much sense.

You know things are bad when misty-eyed bunny huggers are listened to before clear-headed scientists. Sadly facts don't sell as well as emotion. Wolves are next.

"Science gives way to culture"
KJH, in the fish and wildlife mgmt arena, many many issues are managed more "socially" and less "scientifically". Been that way for some time now, and increasingly so.

"At least south of the border you guys can actually get people to care and do something about it. I have already talked to hunters here who won't do anything about this............"
Muleyhunter78, we here "south of the border" feel the same pain. Participating on/in this forum may give one the idea that we American hunters are real balls of fire, charging into issues and "getting it done". The achievers on here are a very small piece of the hunting public. Some progress has been made and some battles won. However, differing political perceptions, apathy, and good old "taking it for granted" are among the constant threats to the very things hunter here hold dear.
Good luck, up there.

But don't worry, there are simple solutions - like raising sage grouse on bird farms and repopulating the west with 'em......................

So it is immoral to hunt an animal and use its paws, skull, hide, and meat, but it is acceptable to hunt an animal and only use the choice cuts of meat, wasting hide, skull, and paws?.

You would think that, but the anti's and government are too stupid to understand that. The more people stop hunting and showing the positive in it, the more our heritage will die. Sadly, it seems as though hardly anyone is getting into hunting that does not have immediate family or so already hunting.

Back