Fixed blade broadheads for Wyoming

s.greevy

I am heading to Wyoming in October for the first time to hunt Antelope and Mule deer. I plan on using a fixed blade broadhead due to the cut on contact designs. I am looking for advise on what you guys have had work for your and your set up. I know, at least for antelope, that I could be facing high gusty winds so a compact design like the SlickTricks would be helpful.
Any help whether it is what broadheads work and some advise on things to stay away from would be great.

Ramcats. They have a 1 3/8" cut but seem to be the most accurate broadheads I've ever shot. Fly just like your field tips

They used sharpened rocks on wood sticks for years. Pick one you like that works with your set up. Not every setup likes every head, not sure why. I like the cut on contact as its never fail. Shot placement is more critical than anything. To be honest, wind probably makes me move more than the arrow.

After going through too much money over the years on broadheads I have settled on Slick Tricks. The 4 Blade magnum is the one that I use. I have great grouping out to 50 yards with them after a quick tuning session.

Thank you all! esracerx you are exactly right and thank you for the refreshing wisdom. It's not every day that someone just lays down what's needed to be heard so I genuinely thank you for that. I think I may try and see if I can try and couple different ones out to my effective range and see what will work for my setup. If there are any other suggestions I am open to any and all

Thank you all! esracerx you are exactly right and thank you for the refreshing wisdom. It's not every day that someone just lays down what's needed to be heard so I genuinely thank you for that. I think I may try and see if I can try and couple different ones out to my effective range and see what will work for my setup. If there are any other suggestions I am open to any and all

No biggie. It's a common question. But it's like asking which fully loaded half ton truck is best. One guy says Ford another will tell you GM, Dodge,Toyota...its really preference.

I have been shooting the carbon express fixed blade f15. They're getting tough to find so I'm thinking about switching. I may go with dirtnap drt or hotshot x titanium. Really the only pre-requisite I have is cut on contact. I can make a blade sharper. If it flies well and can hold up to bone, everything else is marketing and aesthetics.

I've been using the Muzzy Trocar for years worked well on several elk and deer. They have always flown great for me using axis 5mm arrows with deep six inserts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winchester 73
Back