Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

2018 Wyo Antelope Unit Selection

Thanks guys keep it coming. Question: What is a WIA and HMA? isu22andy please let me know. I'll have the run down in 29 sort of, I'll be hunting a private ranch so I don't know how much Intel I'll get on that unit. Flatrock I don't think walking will be an issue we've all come from a mule deer back ground and are used to long hikes.

Click on this link below for the G&F website and then click on the green "Public Access" section at the top and you can then go into the WIHA and HMA sections that comes up.

https://wgfd.wyo.gov/

With the application period pushed back for NR to May I would certainly wait to make a decision until this winter is over, that means next May, really June but you can't wait that long.
Things could change drastically with winterkill.

Now will you have a point since you are hunting this fall? If not then the average of PP will be below 1 PP for your group.

County road and bridge websites will have the best info on public roads. Just google the county GIS for it and the maps will show up.

Wytex ya I'll have a point, it's already purchased, the tag I got this year is a leftover type 2 tag through an outfitter.

I'll look into the public access tag I saw that on the site but didn't explore or understand how to use it. When I have some time I'll sit and play with it. I also will wait to see how harsh the winter is and when I have my unit narrowed to a couple I will try to talk to local fish and game. Thanks for the input, I'm just trying to make this trip great for my family. Most of them have hunted their whole lives and never been go Wyoming or hunted antelope and since this was my idea to go out chasing them I want to make it fun for everyone involved.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back