Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

CO Processor recommendations near HWY 133/Raggeds Wilderness/Gunnison National Forest

bdubb78

Looking for a quality elk processor or meat locker as a backup plan somewhere along the Hwy 133 corridor, preferably heading north on my drive out of CO and back to MI. The plan would be to take it all back myself with the coolers and ice I will have, but I want to either have a locker lined up where I can freeze it before I head out or even dump it to be processed and shipped back. Anything up to 50 miles off this path is within reason for me. Thanks.

Homestead Meats in Paonia does excellent processing and quick turn around. Used them for many years and in October 2016, they did a great job again.
Have heard good reviews from Hotchkiss Meats, but never actually used them myself.

I've used both Homestead and Hotckiss for pigs, both did great. I would not hesitate to use either for game.

FYI--

I just emailed Homestead Meats in Paonia today, and they got back to me saying they no longer do wild game processing now that they are USDA accredited. Guess I will go with Hotchkiss.

Larry at Aspen Leaf Lodge and Game Processing did my bull last year. They did ok. Wasn't too impressed, but it wasn't a bad enough job to really cuss on the internet about the man. Service was good and he has a freezer. He might let you hang without buying his processing services. We weren't staying at the lodge, but he let us refill our water jugs when we'd come off the mountain to get get a hot meal. After dropping off my bull, we went back into the woods to try for another and mine was done by the time we had to leave.

Homestead Meats in Paonia does excellent processing and quick turn around. Used them for many years and in October 2016, they did a great job again.
Have heard good reviews from Hotchkiss Meats, but never actually used them myself.

I've used this place several time for elk and deer, they do great and very reasonable price, I have personally started taking a freezer and grinder and vaccum sealer on our hunt the last 2 years and doing it my self after a kill though

Haha, it's paid off for us big time really, we usually kI'll 2-3 elk a year, and after I kill I'm usually done hunting do I figured I might as well save the money and do it my self

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back