Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Planning First Western Hunt

On the other side of the coin, if you only have 5 business days of vacation, I'd fly to get two extra hunting days.

Pack like your backpacking, rent a little car to drive to a trailhead (no you don't need 4x4) and take off hunting.

look into ID august rifle mule deer controlled hunt or picking up a bow and chasing muleys in NV. NV is awesome state to hunt deer

A little car to a trailhead? Not the roads I know. Seen too many broken tie rods on sedans in the mountains and deep snow drifts.

Maybe an antelope hunt in an area that opens early Sept, Take advantage of the Labor Day weekend for days off. Archery season will be open too for archery elk and deer.
Hate to say it but, crossbows are legal in Wyoming during archery season.

A little car to a trailhead? Not the roads I know. Seen too many broken tie rods on sedans in the mountains and deep snow drifts.

Maybe an antelope hunt in an area that opens early Sept, Take advantage of the Labor Day weekend for days off. Archery season will be open too for archery elk and deer.
Hate to say it but, crossbows are legal in Wyoming during archery season.

I've hunted all over Idaho and Wyoming. Most trailheads can be driven to by a sedan. I see it done every year. Serious road hunters might want a 4x4 for two tracks. A little foresight and planning can determine the quality of the road.

We'll be driving for sure. We should be able to leave on a Friday afternoon and wouldn't have to be back until the next Sunday. That gives enough time for about a 5 day hunt comfortably. I do like the idea of a mule deer buck hunt and an antelope doe tag. It gives options for at least a cheap back up if I don't get a mule deer tag. I just need to start devouring maps, odds of a draw, and success rates for different units. Thanks for all the info so far

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back