Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

CO OTC Whitetails

Chuck99

Looking for a little feed back on the CO OTC for Whitetails. The units are the south east units for the Rockies. Looks like most of the deer would be on private property but was wondering if other guys have had any success hunting on the private land.

Look forward to reading your comments.

Interested in this also... My son and I have been doing hunting trips each year here in Texas but branched off to Colorado last year for Elk. He enjoyed it but I am a WT guy.

Yes...

I'm debating buying a couple of the leftover tags in 143/144/145 muzzleloader, or just going OTC WT for those selected units West of I-25. Took him out of school for 2nd rifle season last year and wife almost put a open season on me. This is his senior year and she is afraid he will not make up work if I take out of school for too many days.

Ever look at South Central Kansas? Tags are easy to come by and hunting is good on public ground. Northwestern Kansas is a great hunt too, not a ton of public but nearly all landowners I talked to who didn't lease their land were very open to giving access. Reason I'm commenting on this is I got tired of fighting crowds here on public and branched out. Paid more for tags, but holy smokes, the Whitetail quality sky rocketed. I can give you lots of info on that hunt if interested. Good luck!

I had not really thought about Kansas, but will check it out.. and would appreciate any info you can share.

My son has gotten bored with the lack of quality deer we see on public ground here in Texas, so trying to show him that with a little more money and drive time you can get into better quality and access.

Thanks,
Roger

Yes these are units west of i25. Season is 12/1 to 12/31. Units are 48,49,481,56,57,58,581,511,561,88,861,85,851,140,84,69, and 591. lots of private lands where the WT like to hang out but as we all know with ONX we can find little holes. just curious if anyone had success.

Chuck99, they can be hard to come by on the public lands in those areas, but not impossible from what I hear. I'd plan on doing lots of scouting...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElknTrout
Back