MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Question - Alpine mountain and tall shooters

Muleyhunter78

Good day, i am hoping to find some insight from people of taller stature who have used/owned a Howa Alpine mountain rifle. I am currently looking to get into a mountain rifle and this rifle is high on my list. Some initial inquiries have me feeling that this rifle may not "fit" me well as i am about 6'4". I would like to get my hands on one to feel first but i am 6-8 hours away from the closest dealer near me and am getting a little hesitant to purchase without handling first. Any taller folks out there used/owned one of these? And if so how does it "fit" you? I really would like to commit to one of these but may have to expand my search. Any other suggestions for light rifles that fit taller people i may have overlooked as well? Thanks all.

I would think your concern is with the length of pull/ The LOP is going to be the same as other rifles; about 13 1/2". If you have other rifles that you own, measure from the trigger to the buttstock to get their LOP. If the standard LOP fits you, then I wouldn't be afraid to get one.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back