early November hunt

vman1959

Hi ; My wife just had emergency surgery for cancer and will be going through chemo until through the end of October. I turned in the elk tag I drew in Colorado so as to spend every minute with her through her treatments. She got upset when I turned it in and asked me if there is anything I can do in early November after her treatments are over for a 2-3 day hunt so as not to be away to long. As most of you guys know women can be very persistant. I know its a long shot but is there anything out there I could do. I know most are draw tags and its well past the time but I thought I would try.

Thanks

Only thing I know for sure is over the counter are Montana region 7 whitetail doe tags. You might be able to find leftover Wyoming tags for antelope as well. I wish I could be more helpful.

Idaho has some general deer units that can go into november and a few go out to december. Most of these units have more whitetails than mule deer though. It's not early november but nebraska has their rifle season starting the 11th, or you could go earlier with a bow. And as said above you could do colorado 3rd elk season the 4-12th. Hope this helps, and pray your wife's surgery and treatment goes well.

I pray everything go well for your wife and family!!!! She's definitely a keeper if she's worried about you turning in your tags!!!!

I'm not sure of Nov. 10 counts as *early* November, but Wyoming elk area 111 still has some leftover type 7 cow tags. That season starts Nov. 10.

Hi ; My wife just had emergency surgery for cancer and will be going through chemo until through the end of October. I turned in the elk tag I drew in Colorado so as to spend every minute with her through her treatments. She got upset when I turned it in and asked me if there is anything I can do in early November after her treatments are over for a 2-3 day hunt so as not to be away to long. As most of you guys know women can be very persistant. I know its a long shot but is there anything out there I could do. I know most are draw tags and its well past the time but I thought I would try.

Thanks

good luck to your wife . Montana has tons of leftover muley tags in region 7 , you can buy up to 7 for $75/each . also region 7 has whitetail doe tags , many other regions, (6and 3 I believe) that have over counter whitetail doe tags too. Region 4 has some cow tags left for $275 also .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back