Perry's No Pepe Sight

I'm a right hand shooter loosing the site in my right eye. I thought about buying a left hand bow and learning to shoot all over again but my bow shop tech told me to try a Perry's No Peep Sight. They build a sight for a right hand bow using your left eye to shoot. I can shoot it but I'm struggling with consistency. Anyone have any hints on how to improve my shooting with this site?

weird. i can't picture one that you sight with your left eye on a right-handed bow. I've made a no peep that works the same (I think) as a Perry's just by getting a cheap fixed-pin sight and putting it on as a front sight, turning it upside down and backwards.
I like it because it will show you any inconsistencies in form better than a peep did for me. If the front and back pins aren't aligned horizontally dot to dot, you know something is wrong. Let down, redraw and settle in.

I don't feel like that was very helpful, but I hope you figure it out.

I think it might be the nature of the beast with that setup. I think adding another part to shooting makes it difficult to hit that anchor point. Then you're lining 3 things up instead of two. You're kind of guessing that those 2 pins are perfect.

I actually have a similar problem and have thought that years down the road I'll have to switch to lefty. I'm 28 and maybe being pessimistic. I'd be interested in knowing you're eye condition. My right eye is lazy and I'm right hand dominant. I had to wear an eye patch as a kid. I thought i was a damn pirate. Last driving vision test I read half of the letters...they said keep going. Had to close my left eye to see the rest. My left eye is 20/20. Right eye, not so much. Im thinking I'm getting eye surgery next year to hopefully correct things before it's too far gone. From the people I've talked to, they won't touch your dominant eye.

I think it might be the nature of the beast with that setup. I think adding another part to shooting makes it difficult to hit that anchor point. Then you're lining 3 things up instead of two. You're kind of guessing that those 2 pins are perfect.

I don't see how it's any different than iron sights on rifles. Or centering a peep to the pin guard.

My eye condition is Central Retinal Vein Occlusion or Eye Stroke for short. Mine was caused by a high blood pressure event which caused fluid (blood) to leak into my eye which I couldn't see through. I've been getting shots in my eye to reduce the blood seepage which has helped some but not enough to shoot my bow or a gun. My vision likely will not get better then it is right now so that's why I'm changing my site. Good luck with your eye. Moral of this story: WATCH YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE!

My eye condition is Central Retinal Vein Occlusion or Eye Stroke for short. Mine was caused by a high blood pressure event which caused fluid (blood) to leak into my eye which I couldn't see through. I've been getting shots in my eye to reduce the blood seepage which has helped some but not enough to shoot my bow or a gun. My vision likely will not get better then it is right now so that's why I'm changing my site. Good luck with your eye. Moral of this story: WATCH YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE!

WOW! That's some scary stuff. I hope you get it all figured out. Its an interesting idea. Maybe send those guys an email to see if they have any suggestions. I'm interested to know how it all works out.

That is a bummer. Just want to say, I am strongly right handed, I can't do anything with my left hand. Can't write, can't shoot, can barely eat. It took me years to even keep from switching the fork into my right hand when eating dinner haha. And when I started shooting earlier this year, I found out I was left eye dominant, and wanting to do things right I bought a left handed bow. When I was younger I shot a bow right handed, and even today, shooting a bow right handed feels perfectly natural. But it was really easy for me to start shooting left. It's the only thing that feels completely natural, not awkward at all. I would not be afraid of switching to lefty. Just give your shoulder plenty of time to strengthen up for the task.

I will say, the only real downside that I face is that I have to work all of my other items in my left hand, since my right is holding my bow. Rangefinder, calls, etc. That is annoying, but I always practice with that gear when I go shooting, and it hasn't slowed me down too much.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back