Caribou Gear

A couple weeks out..............

onpoint

The dogs & the 16's are ready. Blue Grouse breasts batter fried and dipped in honey mustard will soon be on the table. If you're among the lucky folks who live in Blue Grouse country, you reap the benefits of bazillions of acres of Public high country upland bird habitat - liberals and conservatives alike:D.
P.S. Full disclosure - the mounted Huns were taken off of a state owned MT WMA. The rooster from a large ranch in North Central MT enrolled in the BMA program - imagine that, a conservative rancher letting a hunting liberal such as myself on his ground.
More common ground exists than it would seem....................DSCN0146.JPG

I hope my dog and I find a few mountain grouse this year. Last year was lousy for us in SW MT. I ended blowing way too much cash on preserve pheasants just so Kate would see some birds.

IMG_0754 - Edited2.jpg

September is Dove and Grouse month for my GSP Rudy and I. October is for Elk and Deer. Then it is Chukar thru January (weather permitting):)

Attachments

• Birds SON!!.jpg
    Birds SON!!.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 133
  • 20161211_153717 (1).jpg
    20161211_153717 (1).jpg
    75 KB · Views: 134
Doing my best to get Hank tuned up (as well as I"m able to) for him and I's first try for ruffed grouse in Michigan the middle of Sept. Hoping that buy going on the opened we can find a few less than educated to help him on the learning curve.

Untitled by Tyler Staggs, on Flickr

PS- Ugly dogs rule! :D

This is my buddy, very patiently waiting the day to arrive for waterfowl here in WI! It seems the seasons are NEVER long enough!

21122919_877909765707439_774609219_o.jpg

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back