Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Mystery Ranch quickdraw holster

fargoflyfish

I am looking to get a holster for my ruger redhawk. I will solely be using it when I am elk hunting so I would like it to either work with my backpack or not be in the way of my pack. I was going to get a chest harness style, but I ran across the mystery ranch quickdraw holster. Does anybody know if it will fit a ruger redhawk with 4.5" barrel? Any other insights on this holster?

I almost bought a crossfire alaskan holster yesterday, but while trying it out at the store my redhawk got stuck in the holster.

Thanks!

I tried all sorts of things but coould never get the holster to hang off the waist straps of the pack and a cross draw that is on your chest gets in the way of the bino harness. Finally found a holster that attaches to a belt and then got a wide belt a few sizes too big so that the holster sits just below the waist strap on the main pack and rides pretty much on my hip. not ideal in my mind but it works ok after scouting and hunting season last year for abt 80 miles worth of hiking.
If you find something better, let me know.

I just ordered a quickdraw for my Glock 20 10mm. I'd just give Mystery Ranch a call and ask them.

Mystery ranch was really helpful on the phone today. I was just getting ready to order the holster and I was looking at my badlands 2200 and it turns out it has a built in holster. Fits my gun perfectly. I guess it pays to read the directions.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back