Yeti GOBOX Collection

Mayweather - McGregor fight

Which has nothing to do with the entertainment value of him doing it. Of course he isn't going to leg kick Mayweather...or win for that matter.

Side note, Mayweather will do what he always seems to do, score points, not get ko'd, and win.

Ok. Yeah. Got it. mtmuley

As a former boxer (college) I have to say that I have always been disgusted with Mayweather. It makes me ill to listen to him talk shiz and then see him duck opponents until they are past their prime while running once they finally to meet in the ring. He uses his talent in the most cowardly way. Add into that the gambling, woman beating, ghetto-fabulous lifestyle and I can honestly say I would personally pony up some cash to see him get an EPIC ass whipping (NOT a boxing match). I was wholly disappointed when I saw the structure of this fight but not at all surprised. I , like many on here, will be praying that C Mac gets his one shot at glory but know it is unlikely as lil Floyd will be running like a track star. I guess what really bothers me the most about FM is that he is included in discussions of "all time greats" with the likes of actual warriors. Maybe someday he will end up in prison where he belongs :)

Do not like either.

Prefer McGregor's aggressive style.

Hope Mayweather is KO'd.

Worst scenario is Mayweather running the whole fight and winning a decision.

Pretty Boy Floyd is an undefeated 5 division world champ. Good on him for being his own promoter and making bank in the pro boxing swamp. McGregor should be thankful to be on the card.

If it came down to it Floyd Boxing and Conner using mix martial arts. Conner 100%, MMA fighters take much more of a beating and the endurance level is higher. Those kicks hurt more than punches. Now at the start after they tapped gloves and they're in the corners, thats when Conner should do a kick. Just to put it in Mayweathers mind that at anytime he could destroy him. This fight is on 100% Mayweathers terms, McGregor really has nothing to lose

Mayweather will bust up McGregor...especially with the 8 oz gloves that were approved. Conor may not even hit Mayweather. Mayweather will be in and out and touch McGregor like he was never there. Also, remember that these are 3 minute rounds so Mayweather doesn't have to run for long. Pretty funny if McGregor throws a leg kick like mentioned above. That would be hilarious! Its going to be a huge sh!t show.

Conor is going to land 3 or 4 big punches throughout the fight. He will have success with Floyd on the ropes and use his weight/leverage to do some work to the body.

There is NOTHING that Floyd can hit Conor with that will scare, daze or hurt Conor. Not with 8oz gloves. Those will feel like pillows compared to 4oz gloves. If you watch ANY boxing whatsoever, you realize that the pain tolerance of an MMA fighter is unworldly compared to that of a boxer, in this day. Guys get up from field goal style head kicks and win fights. Watch the free boxing matches on NBC on any weekend, these "fighters" simply give up after 1 knock down without suffering so much as a fat lip or a fu****g black eye. They wave at the ref on one knee and the ref willingly waives it off.

Conor will win 2 or 3 rounds, because boxers give up rounds to conserve energy. However, Floyd will outclass him and dance for the remaining 9. The fight will end without a fat lip nor a black eye. And we will all be pissed that Floyd duped us into buying his pay-per-view again.

Got to watch the fight for free and I must say it was better than I thought it would be. It did have the outcome most thought it would have. I figured if McGregor didn't get in a lucky punch early in the fight he would tire out. I'm very surprised it went to the 10th round though. You could see he was getting tired after the 5th round and that is when Mayweather started pressing the fight and not his usual running and dancing around the ring. It was pretty sad that at the end McGregor couldn't even put his hands up to try and block the pummeling he was getting when the ref stopped the fight.
I would really like to see a rematch under MMA rules but we know pretty boy floyd will never do that.

If the viewership hit the PPV mark, McGregor stood to pocket 100 mil....Mayweather 200...and I'll wager Conor received better than chump change to swig that whiskey brand he was nascar'ing.;)

PT Barnum chuckled..

I wrestled for 12 years... 1st grade through high school. I never got into mma or boxing. I don't like either guys personality. Mayweather is abhorrent as a human being. He's a tax cheat and a woman beater...then essentially says it's the woman's fault. There was no way I could pay despite my out of character interest level to watch. Not with Snapchat, Twitter, and that it's free to watch next week. I give McGregor kudos for the valiant effort. 9out of 10 of his weapons were taken away and it didn't look like a total David vs Goliath. Last I heard the numbers potentially were 400 million for Mayweather. Maybe he can pay those taxes now.

I thought it was a great fight. It wasn't the spectacle most predicted. Lots more exiting than an eclipse. mtmuley

If Conor did not get tired, it would have been close. In my opinion, watching the fight without sound and looking at shots landed, Conor was winning 5 rounds to 4. He gassed out, big time, the lack of boxing experience and too many hard left hands thrown wore him out. He also put on too much weight, he was much much bigger than Floyd. Muscle requires more oxygen. Good strategy by Floyd to come in at 149 lbs.

I was still very impressed by Conor. He won more rounds and landed more shots than any other fighter has against Floyd in the last 10 years. Look up that stats. That's including Manny, Canelo, Cotto and Maidana!

Can you guys fu****g believe that 2 of the 3 judges scored the fight 8 rounds to 1 in favor of Floyd? The 3rd judge had the fight 6 rounds to 3 for Floyd. Were they watching the same fight? I mean of course all of that means nothing because a win is a win in a fist fight. BUT had it gone the distance, Conor would've got fu**ed over royally.

Between McGregor's toughness and his complete lack of boxing ability (really awkward) is what kept him in there for 10 rounds. He didn't have squat for power either. I was surprised a bit because he's a pretty strong guy but it's different boxing and knowing how to throw a real punch, and he certainly didn't know how to do that.

Mayweather looked extremely rusty, but I figured that would be the case with him being off for two years. It's certainly to be expected. They should have let it go a little longer although the outcome would have still been the same. McGregor was not able to defend himself and he was starting to get tagged a lot. It was about what I expected and glad I only had to pay $10.00 at a friends house to watch it. Mayweather doesn't have that much power either, but he had enough to close the show. He certainly throws a heck of lot harder than McGregor does!

The fight that is going to be great will be the upcoming Alvarez and Golovkin fight. That one I will have to watch! I'm not sure who I pick on that one because they both are fantastic fighters. Let McGregor pick on one of these two and see what happens!

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back