New guy from Idaho

jeremy.b

Hey all,

New guy from Boise here!

I grew up in the Central/North Idaho and have chased elk and deer around the Clearwater (south and middle forks), Selway front country, most of the Panhandle, and now down in SW Idaho.

I stumbled across this forum in my research on archery hunting the Sawtooth zone for elk (chosen so I can *in theory* get in more day hunts since I have a young family and I can't easily go out for a week in a shot).

I'm also registered over at rokslide & archerytalk, and I have to say its nice to find another active batch of folks discussing the sports we all love so much.

Thank for wandering through, good luck folks!

Welcome from another Idahoan. Enjoy your hunt this year in the Sawtooths. Great country.

Thanks guys!

I do like the Sawtooth zone so far! But MAN, its WAY different from most of the country I've hunted in the Clearwater/Selway & Panhandle! Its generally more open (ish!), higher elevation & bigger elevation gains/losses.

I'm just hoping to get into the elk a couple times since this is my first season in the area and with only 5 weeks of scouting I'm just barely scratching the surface on where to go :). Good stuff though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back