PEAX Equipment

Broadheads

tmvikings

Looking at getting some new broad heads- The two I'm deciding from are Slick trick Magnums and Wasp Drones. Any info would be greatly appreciated on these two broad heads.

Thanks

I shoot 125 grain Slick Trick magnums and they are brutal on deer and antelope. I haven't shot an elk with one yet, but I look forward to it.

I started shooting Steelforce Phatheads several years ago when I was planning my first elk trip, looking for penetration on a big animal. I've killed two elk and several deer with them since. They're small heads so they don't produce the best blood trails, but I swore i'd never switch a few years ago when I shot a 6 year old Iowa whitetail through the shoulder. He had the body of an angus cow. I blew through the scapula and he only went about 50 yards. You can't beat a compact, cut on contact head for penetration. Phatheads are getting a little harder to find so I bought some slick trick viper tricks to try just in case they go extinct.

Attachments

• P1030682.jpg
    P1030682.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 325
  • P1030691.jpg
    P1030691.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 335
Ramcats, they fly like your field points. Once your sighted in with the FP you will be ready to go hunting. The ramcats also leave blood trails like someone through a paint can down.

Shot my elk last year with the Slick Trick Standard. He didn't even make it 100 yards. Don't think I'll ever need to shop around for broadheads

I love slick tricks. They have flown great in every bow I've used. I use the magnum 100 grain.

Of the two you mentioned- I don't know much about the Wasp, but you will rarely hear a bad report on Slick Tricks. Most people swear by them- both their flight and performance on animals.

Back