Solo Hunt

I do a lot of solo hunting. Anything from local day trips to a week in ruggered wilderness.

Definitely hard to find good consistent hunting buddies. I'll be out in CO the last couple weeks of September by myself.

Last edited:
I have good hunting buddies in a few friends and brother that I trust. While I prefer sharing camp with good friends, I actually prefer going out for the day hunting by myself and going where i want and at my pace.this is for big game. Prefer bird hunting with friends.

Prefer solo. My wife is not a fan now that I am older. Especially where no cell connection so I got a sat phone.

I like being away from people on hunts but sometimes solo hunts are surrounded by other orange coats.

Spend some time to figure out the food and snacks to take, etc, as when solo is all on you to stay fueled, positive, rested, alert, etc.

Kind of an anti-social hunter myself. Sounds like you guys have the same problem and that is two kinds of hunting buddies, ones you will never waste your time in the woods with again and ones who beg to go with you but you know better than to take them.

I guess we are too serious about hunting. :cool:

I mix it up throughout the fall but definitely spend a lot of time solo. I really enjoy the solitude and how simple it is.

Elk I prefer to have a hunting partner, mainly for the driving out. Anything smaller I have no problem going alone and sometimes prefer it. I do have 2 good friends that I would take any time because we think a like, and don't have to worry about each other doing something stupid.

Mostly solo but I have a few buddies wanting to get out to Wyoming and have me take them hunting. Not usually more than an hour or 2 from home just because I have what I want close by.

Have yet to find a hunting buddy that I trust in the backcounty and who has a schedule compatible with mine, I do Montana, Wyoming, and Colorado trips pretty consistently solo and I am planning an AK trip for next fall.

hunt elk solo for a week every year. I get to hunt the way I like, where I like and I always get to take the first shot.:hump:
Have some local friends I tag along with on their hunt, mostly archery. Bring up the rear, one more caller for them.
Mostly they like that i like to help pack out.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back