Zinke expanding sportsman access

It is good to see some things going our way. Let's help Zinke stay on track.
Also great to see mixed bag post on a thread without labeling everyone liberals.

Thank you Randy. I am an American and a patriot. I am not a Democrat or a Republican. It would be nice if we could pass a campaign reform law that only allowed politicians to run on their record of votes instead of making wild speculations about what the other side is going to take away from you or do to you I bet we could boot every incumbent out of office in the next election.

Every incumbent does not need to be kicked out of office in the next election, some do, some don't.

Glad to see this happen. Sad thing is, it seems some find it almost bittersweet because their preconceived notions and affiliations. Pretty sad state of affairs, but polarization is the way of 2017.

I agree with Randy, Zinke does deserve credit when he does positive things for public lands, wildlife, and outdoor recreation.

That said, I still have concerns with Zinke. Seems to me that if you're going to tout yourself as a "Teddy Roosevelt" type, you wouldn't make an ass of yourself the way he did with the Sabinoso deal, right out of the gate. It has nothing to do with partisan politics, it has to do with him trying to bluff at the pot holding complete rags...even after he knew darn well the people making the deal held all the aces. Why would anyone even bother to make a run at acting like you have any control over that entire discussion, when its crystal clear you didn't?

I negotiate a lot of things, almost daily...I never have over-played my position the way Zinke tried to over-play his. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt, and say he was just new to the job and wanted to flex his muscles as the new DOI Secretary. I hope that's all it was, time will tell.

Just didn't seem like good timing, or a good issue to bluff on. In particular when you're wanting support from Sportsmen, and now apparently, are going to roll up your sleeves and go to work to promote access? That just seemed like a no-brainer, slam dunk win...a softball if you will, to establish the legacy he claims to want.

Not the way I would have done things, at all. I hope there were lessons learned and I hope Zinke lives up to what he's promised Sportsmen. Again, time will tell...and he'll receive either praise or a trip to the wood-shed from me when each is appropriate. Same as anyone else.

Back