Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Factory Ammo

NDMuley

Looking for insight on factory ammo for my 270 Win. Want something that's good for both deer and possibly elk in the future. Right now I use fusion 130 grain and those shoot well in my gun. Thanks for your input.

My son used my wife's .270 with Federal Premium ammo with 150 Nosler partitions on his antelope and his bull elk and the worked great. They also fly very accurately in this particular rifle.

I went to the range this morning and shot some 270 Win -Winchester/Accubond 140gr ammo. It grouped right at 1" of my Tikka. First time I've shot it, gun seemed to like it. Haven't hunted with it yet, but plan on hunting with it this fall for Deer.

Last edited:
If Fusions are shooting good in your rifle, why are you wanting to change? I've never had any trouble killing anything with them and they are very accurate and you can't beat the price.

I have 180gr Fusions for my 308 and they are wonderful. For my 270 I shoot Hornady Superformance 130gr and Federal Vital Shok 130gr Copper. No complaints with either one. If you are going to use the 270 for elk I would go for the Federal vital shok 150gr partitions. Good luck

I use handloads with the 140gr Nosler Accubonds but the Winchester supreme Accubond CT is the best factory replacement I've found.

For factory ammo any of the Federal Premium line is exceptional, Vortex factory loads also work very well in my .270.

I have a .270 also. I currently handload for it, but before i started handloading my gun liked Remington Corelock. I killed a few cow elk and a few mule deer with them.

You answered your own question. If Fusions shoots well, don't second guess your rifle. In the long run you'll wind up regretting it.

Back