As per previous offers, is there still any interest in a UK deer hunt?

You would think for safety reason they would allow bowhunting.

I don't believe it's a safety issue. It's about the likelihood of a wounded animal escaping from a bad archery shot. At least that's the way I understand it from Richard. He'll confirm or deny!

I don't believe it's a safety issue. It's about the likelihood of a wounded animal escaping from a bad archery shot. At least that's the way I understand it from Richard. He'll confirm or deny!

Yes, it was banned in 1965, welfare of the animal, not a safety issue, don't shoot the messenger.

Don't worry, those that have expressed an interest will be in the hat.

Cheers

Richard

I'm excited for next August.Just put in for my wife's passport.I have a few years remaining on mine.I will be in touch with the other 2 previous hunters about things worth seeing while out there.As for the donation,I think both of those groups deserve money.I assume it wouldn't be a problem with you to divide the donation in half??If so let me know

wife and I have been planning a trip to Scotland to visit some relatives in the next year or two, I'm sure I could persuade her to make a slight detour south while there. Please put my name in the hat also, thanks for your generosity and the hunt opportunity.

I'm excited for next August.Just put in for my wife's passport.I have a few years remaining on mine.I will be in touch with the other 2 previous hunters about things worth seeing while out there.As for the donation,I think both of those groups deserve money.I assume it wouldn't be a problem with you to divide the donation in half??If so let me know
Saw my first clean (of velvet) stags 2 days ago. I don't mind who receives the donation, split or whole, as you say both good causes.

wife and I have been planning a trip to Scotland to visit some relatives in the next year or two, I'm sure I could persuade her to make a slight detour south while there. Please put my name in the hat also, thanks for your generosity and the hunt opportunity.
A slight detour? You would need to hop on a plane to get to me, driving that distance is horrible in the UK

Just to clarify, this offer is for 4 days hunting, i wish i could do more but its at the height of my fly fishing guiding business, i need to work to pay for my trip back to Montana in 2018, oh and take the wife on a nice sun holiday!

Cheers

Richard

Last edited:
Who needs 4 days? We got the job done in 2! 1 and 1/2 actually. Looks like lots of interest. As the first "lucky winner", I can vouch for the good time anyone will have.

Amazing offer! I would definitely be interested if I wasn't already planning a western hunt next fall. Maybe if you offer it again for 2019 I'll be able to throw my name in the hat. Good luck to whoever is drawn!

Definitely interested, please add my name to the hat. Wonderful offer you are making. I've been to Scotland before on a family vacation - wonderful experience. We took a drive up to the Highlands region and saw quite a few red deer as well as a few roe along the way. Managed to whip a fly rod around for a while near the Spey and pretend like I knew what I was doing. UK has some gorgeous country, that is for sure!

Attention of Mixedbag, assuming you still read the forum, i have sent you a couple of emails, please get back to me asap.
Cheers
Richard

How far are you from Cardiff or Neath Wales. I plan on visiting my girlfriends family there in the next year or two again.

OK all, i have emailed mixedbag a couple of times over the past 2 weeks and sadly haven't had a reply, he was due to come over in 2018, so for 2018 its names back into the hat, please see below, if your name is missing please advise, i will make the draw on New Years day to enable anyone else to express an interest.
If mixedbag gets in touch in the meantime i have offered him an alternative date.

Addicting,1-pointer,nhn2a,vanish,
glass eye, Foxtrot1,wllm1313,Mthuntr,gozz21,Jim/Wa,Rainer,406LIFE,Watt21,timberman56,diehardhunter,88man

Cheers

Richard

Throw my name in for 2019. I’d feel better if I could help you get an elk over here.

Richard,

With 1 in 17 odds, you are offering better odds than Idaho can offer you on most of our control hunts. As the lucky hunter to join Richard last year, I will say that this offer is one in a million. Richard and his wife are salt of the earth people and the time my wife, daughter and I spent on our trip will be with us for a lifetime. Good luck to all those in the drawing.

OK all, i have emailed mixedbag a couple of times over the past 2 weeks and sadly haven't had a reply, he was due to come over in 2018, so for 2018 its names back into the hat, please see below, if your name is missing please advise, i will make the draw on New Years day to enable anyone else to express an interest.
If mixedbag gets in touch in the meantime i have offered him an alternative date.

Addicting,1-pointer,nhn2a,vanish,
glass eye, Foxtrot1,wllm1313,Mthuntr,gozz21,Jim/Wa,Rainer,406LIFE,Watt21,timberman56,diehardhunter,88man

Cheers

Richard

I think Fin banned mixedbag recently, possibly in his "really?" thread.

Last edited:
I unfortunately already planned 2018 and bought Air fair to take the family to Disney plus we are headed to Wyoming on a antelope hunt. So the odd just got better for this draw as I have had mine put into the 2019 draw. Good luck to all!

Thanks for those kind words Sawtooth, i will pass them onto my wife., glad you all had some good memories of the whole trip.
Richard,

With 1 in 17 odds, you are offering better odds than Idaho can offer you on most of our control hunts. As the lucky hunter to join Richard last year, I will say that this offer is one in a million. Richard and his wife are salt of the earth people and the time my wife, daughter and I spent on our trip will be with us for a lifetime. Good luck to all those in the drawing.

Thanks 375H&H, yes i was aware, but having emailed him with no reply (i have offered him an alternative solution) i have no option but to offer this up again.
I think Fin banned mixedbag recently, possibly in his "really?" thread.

Final post before i draw on New Years Day, just in case another guy wants to put his/her name forward.

Cheers

Richard

As the first guest hunter, I really enjoyed my visit with Richard. He worked hard to find my buck, and the time our families spent sharing laughs was priceless. If anyone wants to experience something "different" they should get their name entered. Lots of tourist things nearby as well as in the U.K. in general. Good luck to all that enter!

Back