325 wsm

nturpin

I found a good deal on a browning x-bolt today in 325 wsm. Now i'm on the ammo hunt. I didn't think I would have trouble finding ammo like I am. Looks like i'm down to ordering ammo. Is there any suggestions on what ammo to lean towards.

I found a good deal on a browning x-bolt today in 325 wsm. Now i'm on the ammo hunt. I didn't think I would have trouble finding ammo like I am. Looks like i'm down to ordering ammo. Is there any suggestions on what ammo to lean towards.

Could it be that's why it was such a good deal. Neither Bass Pro or Cabelas even lists ammo for the 325wsm so you may have to resort to handloading.

Last edited:
My LGS owner says the .325 is deader than Julius Caesar....he has no ammo for it, and doesn't want to order any. It's like the .17Mach2.

Start buying brass and other components you need now. Especially brass, it may be extra tuff to get later.
If you don't reload, you may want to start. You can probably find someone to load it for you if you ask around.

You can neck up 300 WSM brass if needed, and that should be in production for years.

I shoot a Nosler factory load with 200 gr Accubonds in mine, but once those are gone, I'll reload.

Winchester is loading it in their Expedition Big Game line with 200 grain Accubonds. It looks like Midwayusa has some in stock. The 200 grain Accubonds shoot well for me.

There is ammo around. I have a couple buddies that have one. Winchester alone will carry it for a long time.

There is ammo around I'm sure, Winchester will still load it...but like anything else, when it gets odd and scarce the prices always go sky high. Stocking up on brass and bullets now when you find some is good advice. I have the same problem with my .32 special, I have plenty of components on hand now.

As you can probably tell from my screen name I'm a fan of the 325 also. I'm afraid I won't be much help with factory ammo but I reload mine with 180 gr. Ballistic tips & 200 gr. Accubonds & both shoot great. If you ever get into reloading them shoot me a pm & I'll be glad to share to recipe with you. Good luck on your ammo search, as said earlier I'm sure Winchester will carry it for quite awhile

my uncle has all his reloading components in my shop for storage. Looks like I will have to set it up. Luckily he has a 325wsm and an 8mm, so he has the parts I need. I just got to start stocking brass. I have a box ordered from cheaper than dirt 200 grain accubond and a box form midway in the expedition big game. I found some Nosler custom 200 accubond from goammo.com too.

I just picked up a 325 wsm in wichester's extreme weather model. I have already necked up norma 300 wsm brass to the 325 wsm. I have had trouble finding the 200 grain accubond bullets but I did find some 200 grain barnes tsx. Has anybody used H4831 with this bullet? Hornady has it printed with their 195 bullets. I would like to use H4350 but I can't get my hands on it. I also have some H1000 and retumbo on my bench.

I just picked up a 325 wsm in wichester's extreme weather model. I have already necked up norma 300 wsm brass to the 325 wsm. I have had trouble finding the 200 grain accubond bullets but I did find some 200 grain barnes tsx. Has anybody used H4831 with this bullet? Hornady has it printed with their 195 bullets. I would like to use H4350 but I can't get my hands on it. I also have some H1000 and retumbo on my bench.

All the powders you have will be on the slow side of optimum burn rate.

IMR has a new Enduron powder approximating the burn rate of 4350. And it's available in most stores.

RL-17 is a good one too, at least in the 300 short mags.

I would think R- 17 would work fantastically in that cartridge.
I have loaded many cartridge's over the years, but yours isn't one I'm familiar with or know of anyone that has one.
I am sure it is a fine one. Shame it isn't more common or popular.
IMR 4831 would do fine in that gun also, I would bet.

it is unfortunate for the 325wsm, its actually a good hunting caliber, maybe it'll turn out like the 10mm, everyone thought the 10mm was dead, but has seen a huge resurgence !good luck.

I figured all my powders were on the slow side from looking at the burn rate charts. I do have a pound of rl-17 and seem to be able to order it online from just a quick search. I will try some H4831 just because I have so much of it but I will load some up with rl-17 and see how they do. Thanks for the advice.

The 325 WSM is a great cartridge. I load for a buddy and he loves that thing. It was real easy to get a couple great loads with the Accubond and Partitions. He's taken several nice bulls with his rifle now!

I was able to get 200g accubonds. I mounted a 3.5-10x40 vx3 with cds. On my gun. I was surprised that the recoil was less than my 300 mag. I was able to get some shots in today. My best group 100 yards. I still want to get some more shooting in IMG_2014.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2013.jpg
    IMG_2013.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 339
I doubt any small local gunshops or even most big box stores will carry this caliber locally. AmmoSeek is a handy website.

I’ve also found SWFA has rare-ish calibers in stock. They had one option:

It looks like $2.50-3 a round is the going rate.

Rebarreling to a 300wsm would be a cheap option in the long run. Another is to reload your brass. Sorry, probably not what you wanted to hear. Surprised a major manufacturer chambers a production rifle in this caliber.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back