What's your favorite bullet

I like what the rifles like...some are faithful to Barnes Tipped & non-Tipped, some like Accubond, and some are fickle for Hammers, Scenar L, and Berger Hybrid Hunting.

I don't have any 1 manufacturer or specific bullet.
I use Berger, Hornady, Nosler, Sierra, Missouri, Lightning, Rainier.

The different calibers, weights, intended uses are way too numerous to list.

Go to bullet that can kill anything near or far in any cartridge bet my life on it.... Accubond. mtmuley

I must be cheap. I've grew up using Remington Core lockt. I think it's the only .308 ammunition I remember my dad using. So I'm sticking with it. 180gr PSP .308 Remington core lockt.

For my .270 Weatherby Mag, its the Winchester 140 gr Failsafe. They are not manufactured anymore, a dumb decision by Winchester. I purchased ten boxes when that was announced,so I'm stocked. GJ

Nosler Partition. I shoot the 180 grain NP in my .30-06 for everything I hunt.

I love the history, engineering, performance, and nostalgia associated with that bullet. So many great memories created by that bullet with loved ones who have passed on...

I must be cheap. I've grew up using Remington Core lockt. I think it's the only .308 ammunition I remember my dad using. So I'm sticking with it. 180gr PSP .308 Remington core lockt.

I'm with you except we're not cheap we're "frugal". I use 150 grain 7mm RM for 99% of my hunting. I move up to 175 grain for elk. It's tough to beat plain old Core-Lokt ammo. It's inexpensive and can be found anywhere and it just plain works.
I am not a long range shooter so who cares if it's not the most accurate ammo for shots out past 500 yards.

I like the barnes 129 gr LRX in my 270 and the 168 LRAB in my 7mm. Gonna try some 180 bergers this year in the 7mm to see how they do.

165 GR Hornady Interbond in my '06 (so glad they are available again!)

They shoot great, and have put down 3 elk & a few deer and antelope. They hold up really well and make nice holes in everything I've shot.

280 Remington Barnes TTSX 140, Nosler Accubond 140, Hornady SST 154
7 Mag Nosler Accubond 160
30-06 Hornady SST 180, Barnes TTSX 168

Back