What's your favorite bullet

Lot of people use premium bullet. I never see Inter Bond mentioned though. They are claimed to maintain 90% of their weight, I don't doubt it. I talked with the folks at Nosler when they brought out the Accu Bond and they designed to to maintain 70%, same as the Partition. If I was to get away from Hornady I'd run to the Speer Hot Core bullet's. Seem's to be one of the best kept secret's in the country. Premium bullet at cup and core prices. I recovered a 160 gr Speer Hot Core from a news paper pile with a 7mm Rem Mag. It maintained 85% of its weight and the core was rock solid in the jacket! If they made a 130 gr 6.5 bullet, I'd get it.

7 mag = 160 A-Bond.
280AI = 140 TTSX
270 Win = 150 Gameking
30/06 = 180 Partition
243 = 95 Partition
25/06 = 110 A-Bond
300 Win Mag = 180 Partition
338 Win mag = 225 Hornady SP

That said. For rifles that will shoot them well, Partitions.

Lot of people use premium bullet. I never see Inter Bond mentioned though. They are claimed to maintain 90% of their weight, I don't doubt it. I talked with the folks at Nosler when they brought out the Accu Bond and they designed to to maintain 70%, same as the Partition. If I was to get away from Hornady I'd run to the Speer Hot Core bullet's. Seem's to be one of the best kept secret's in the country. Premium bullet at cup and core prices. I recovered a 160 gr Speer Hot Core from a news paper pile with a 7mm Rem Mag. It maintained 85% of its weight and the core was rock solid in the jacket! If they made a 130 gr 6.5 bullet, I'd get it.

Weight retention is over rated. mtmuley

30-06 165g Accubond
270win 140g Accubond
7mm-08 168g Accubond LR
6.5 Creedmore 143g ELD-X

Not trying to hijack but I have a question for the Nosler fans. Have you noticed that you're rifles prefer Accu bonds over partitions or vice versa, bullet weight being the same and using factory loaded ammo?

Just for elk:
270 win: 160 gr partitions, 140 gr partitions
7mmRM: 160 gr partitions

I see better terminal performance w 160 partitions on elk than I did w 175 corelokt, in the big 7.

I can't disagree Redman, both my dad and I have used NAB's for years in .277, .308 and .338 and have yet to have one fail. They are top-shelf balistically. I guess there may be more accurate bullets, and there may be tougher bullets, but I haven't found one that's better at both. It's hard to mess with what works...

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1465216702109.jpg
    FB_IMG_1465216702109.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 345
  • FB_IMG_1473953249675.jpg
    FB_IMG_1473953249675.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 340
This thread will likely be filled with love for partitions and X-Bullets, but I gotta say I'm pretty fond of Hornady BTSP Interlock. They're accurate out of every rifle I've shot them out of and are a good combination of expansion and weight retention on the receiving end. And besides all that, they're pretty affordable.

In terms of a standard cup and core type bullet, I think Interlocks are the best design.

This thread will likely be filled with love for partitions and X-Bullets, but I gotta say I'm pretty fond of Hornady BTSP Interlock. They're accurate out of every rifle I've shot them out of and are a good combination of expansion and weight retention on the receiving end. And besides all that, they're pretty affordable.

In terms of a standard cup and core type bullet, I think Interlocks are the best design.

Could not agree more.

Signed,
A TTSX fan.

I shot the 180 Nosler Partitions in my '06 and loved them (great performance and accuracy from the Federal rounds). But, as I do not reload, I am at the whim availability and off the shelf price. In one season I had my cost for Partitions go up 20% and I couldn't find them anywhere. Sooooo, at the suggestion of my gunsmith I gave the 180 Trophy Bonded Tips a shot and am very happy wit them. Performance has been great and the cost is a bit lower as well.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back