Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Best prices on tires in SW Montana

I found it. 4th tire half off. Outstanding deal on the best winter tire I've ever used. Looks like a set is bound for the wife's Yukon even though the current tires would make the winter. mtmuley

I like to have my winter tires studded. It is well worth the money if you plan to switch tires between summer and winter.

Any screaming deals on 275/70 R18 truck tires between Pocatello and Bozeman? I'm on my way up with a new truck with some marginal tires.

What ply tires do you guys normally get? I don't go too crazy with the off road stuff, but can't be getting flats on gravel roads.

Any screaming deals on 275/70 R18 truck tires between Pocatello and Bozeman? I'm on my way up with a new truck with some marginal tires.

What ply tires do you guys normally get? I don't go too crazy with the off road stuff, but can't be getting flats on gravel roads.

I did 8 plys on my Tacoma but in the end they cost nearly as much as 10 ply without the sideway strength. Locally, 10 plys cost as much as it would if I were to just order new rims and tires online from Discount Tire Direct. For a mix of highway and off road I like Hankook Dynapro ATM, Yokohama geolander, Cooper Discover AT3 (or ATP).

Last edited:
The Yokahama Geolanders in 10 ply have been great but they will only go till next year too on these NM gravel roads. They were excellent till the sipes & blocks started getting shredded this year & these were the models with special anti-cut rubber.They will make great back ups ... LOL Only one flat in 2 yrs and that was a spike. Too bad, they rode better than the Michelins they replaced on my F150.
Looks like I will go with the Cooper maxx's & put up with some hwy noise in my luxury 4x4...lol.The down side of an all weather gravel road to get to the pavement.

No love for the BFG ko2 ? I have been real happy with them the last year. Good luck on your search there is so many options.

No love for the BFG ko2 ? I have been real happy with them the last year. Good luck on your search there is so many options.

I bought a set of these this year. Haven't really had a chance to try them out in snow yet, solid looking tire.

They are the best truck tire I’ve owned. I’ve taken them places that would make most cringe and then home on the highway with no noise or vibration. It’s all I will own on my trucks.

They are the best truck tire I’ve owned. I’ve taken them places that would make most cringe and then home on the highway with no noise or vibration. It’s all I will own on my trucks.
Took my Cooper ST Maxx's into places here in the Root this last season that "cringing" can't even describe. Sometimes chained in the front was iffy. Going downhill. Best snow and ice tire I've ever used in my 51 years of Montana. mtmuley

Took my Cooper ST Maxx's into places here in the Root this last season that "cringing" can't even describe. Sometimes chained in the front was iffy. Going downhill. Best snow and ice tire I've ever used in my 51 years of Montana. mtmuley

I was looking very hard at this tire, but the sale price on the BFG was markedly better.

I was looking very hard at this tire, but the sale price on the BFG was markedly better.

I don't spare expense on my tires. I ran the BFG Mud-Terrain for a lot of years. This ST-Maxx is pretty badass. mtmuley

I don't spare expense on my tires. I ran the BFG Mud-Terrain for a lot of years. This ST-Maxx is pretty badass. mtmuley

I’ve ran the mud versions and I found that the BFG AT wear better and were significantly quieter without giving up too much traction. The only downside to the switch was they don’t clean out without a little wheel speed. Once that’s applied in the mud they bite in and go.

Last edited:

How are these on snow and ice? They don't look like they have enough siping to really grip on icy roads. I've had a number of sets of the older S/T on work vehicles, and I started having them siped for winter conditions.

The BFG KO2 tires stick to icy roads like glue. I've been very impressed the last couple of weeks.

I have mine siped. Honestly, the best snow and ice tire I have ever used. There was some butt puckering road conditions here in the Root during the hunting season. The Maxx handled it all. I'm on my second set. mtmuley

I have mine siped. Honestly, the best snow and ice tire I have ever used. There was some butt puckering road conditions here in the Root during the hunting season. The Maxx handled it all. I'm on my second set. mtmuley

Center siped or the whole tread face?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back