Yeti GOBOX Collection

Greetings from New Jersey

2dogs

I grew up in PA and hunted deer and pheasant. I moved to NJ and continued. Developed a love for archery hunting, including pheasant, and that became my main focus. Started with a recurve, then to a compound and in 1990 went back to a recurve and haven't looked back. Currently I hunt with a Mike Fedora Sr longbow. I have made 5 self guided elk hunts in Colorado near Glenwood Springs. A knee replacement and arthritis has ended my western hunts, I think, but I still get out in NJ. I have an AWS bird dog and we hunt every chance we get. This past season I hunted with a .410 O/U and collected 26 pheasant/chukar out of 32 opportunities. I retired last year and just fish and hunt now. I'm married with 2 daughters and 3 grandsons. I failed somewhere as none of the grandkids share my love of the outdoors. Ken

Hello and welcome. I to am from "The People's Republic of NJ". Colorado and Wyoming are on the list for this fall

Thanks guys. I finally figured it out that on an elk hunt you have a much better chance hunting in pairs, caller and shooter. The guys I went with didn't see it that way. I scared the bejeezes out of a couple but drew no blood. Passed up cows almost every trip. Should I fall into some money I will find an outfitter that can take an old cripple. Just something about a bugling elk gets me going.

Greetings from western Colorado. I escaped NJ many years ago. Still miss the pines, Barnegat Bay, and the occasional wawa italian hoagie.

:)

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back