Yeti GOBOX Collection

The last Henry post

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 20812

A very scary event happened yesterday, leading to a decision to have my dear friend and companion put down. Fortunately no one was seriously injured. The trip to the vet was excruciating, but I knew this was an instance where there was no right way to do the wrong thing.

Now, my mind is spinning and trying to explain the unexplainable. How does such a sweet and lovable dog snap? It's a question we'll never answer. Instead, we'll remember the laughs and the memories and the hundreds of miles we hiked together and the holes in our hearts will heal. For now, the shotgun will stay in the gun cabinet. It would be an empty endeavor to hunt birds without my dog.

IMG_0574.jpg

IMG_0575.jpg

IMG_0576.jpg

IMG_0577.jpg

IMG_0578.jpg

So long friend, I miss you. I hope chukar season is year round in Heaven.

Thank you for letting us share our times afield.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry JLS for the loss, that is a tough pill to swallow. I'm going to miss your posts with Henry as will the rest of us.

My heart goes out to you and your family. I can't imagine losing Silky. Definitely going to be a hole in your life for a while.

Tough post to read.I have enjoyed hearing about your adventures with Henry.. Also strikes pretty deep because my family has a GWP .
If there is a behavior surprise would you care to share via a pm? I would appreciate it but understand should you choose not. Sorry for your loss, we are huge lovers of this breed.

Henry and you made some great memories and enjoyed some amazing country together. May your family always remember those special times with "the bearded one".

Sorry to hear this. My Henry is sitting here waiting for me to take him outside so he can chase his tennis ball over and over and over. After 50+ years of owning dozens of dogs, he's by far my favorite. I'd hate to be in your shoes right now.

Sorry for Henry. Hope no one was hurt. You sure loved that dog. He seemed that he deserved all that love.

Hope it gets better.

Man JLS so sorry to hear about this... thoughts and prayers out to you and your family. Sometimes the right decisions aren't the easiest ones to make but you'll have the rest of your life filled with memories of times you had with Henry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back