Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

New Bow Question

tmvikings

I have a Mathews Z7 now and I really like it but a friend is selling a Mathews Creed all set up with every thing from case to arrows for a decent price. Is the Creed worth it? the bow was purchased for close to 1800 all set up and was only shot to tune the bow so no more than 10 arrows. Basically the bow went from shop to home and never left.

If you really like a bow, keep it.
I second this. No reason to swap bows this close to season when you have a bow you really like. Don't fall into the "newer is better" or "my friends got a upgrade, so I have to" situations. If you have a bow that works well for you, keep it. You can always upgrade the sights, string, stabilizers, and anything else you can imagine. Use that money that you would be spending on a new bow to hunt out west!

I would switch some off my stuff to the new bow but its a good deal for a bow that is basically new. Going to trade a gun for it so no money loss just don't know it the Creed is a great upgrade on the Z7.

If you decide to go with the creed and are going to sell the z7 let me know the particulars my brother is in the market for a bow and that z7might just be a good fit if the measurements are right.

If you are happy with the Z7 I don't see any reason to upgrade. The bows are pretty comparable already, and we don't know what sights, stablizer, etc you have vs what the new one has.

I agree with the guys above that you are too close to the season to take out an untried bow vs one you know.

I shoot a 2010 elite. I have to put strings and cables on it after this year so it will probably be retired. I like it, I shoot it well. No need to spend money on the latest and greatest. What does the creed do that the Z7 doesnt? There's 5 fps difference and .15 pounds difference. Not really sure it's that big of an upgrade tbh. A lot of that stuff is marketing. All comes down to feel. Even if you do buy it, I wouldnt use it for an elk hunt a few weeks away....especially if your taking stuff off of yours to put on the new one.

Last edited:
TMVIKINGS

Sounds like you have made peace with what you have from your final post above.
Lots of sage advice here and the same things can be said in regards to bow or rifles.
If I could unsell and have never "moved up" from my 1995 Hoyt Raptor carbonite, I would still have the bow that I shot my 1st and biggest "bow buck"
I know my old hunting buddies that always pressured me either directly...or me feeling somehow inferior due to not having the "newest or best"
Yup....I should have knew better but was young and dumb.
IMHO the guy without a bow is in the best position....because he cannot lose any equity by keeping up with the Jones'

I know now that I would spend more on tags and buy a meat and potatoes bow...( if there is a good value bow to be had)

I've had a Mathews Q2 for about 12 yrs now and totally not interested in buying a new one. I recently put on a new string and cable and shoot consistent groups up to 100 yrds. Total confidence in the bow. Now just have to concentrate on hunting and getting close. Just a thought..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerrod12
Back