Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

toyota 4runner

old man

Can rent Toyota 4runner for half the price of pickup, my Question is , can i make room in the back to sleep a 6 ft man comfortably?

I don't know the answer to your question, but I would love to rent a 4runner out of Denver Airport.

You could if you took the rear seats out, with them laid flat it may be a bit tight. And depending on what model you get the cargo area may sit a couple inches lower than the seats when they're laid flat.

I'm 6-2 and have slept in the back of an Escape many times with the seats laid down. Can't stretch out, but fine if you sleep with your knees bent.

Not comfortably. You won't be able to stretch out and there is a gap between the second row and the front seats when the second row is laid flat. My wife has a 2016 and it has the 3rd row seat. The rear end is flat when 2nd and 3rd row are laid flat. I'm not sure it would be flat if the model you get doesn't have the 3rd row seat. There would be a step down between 2nd and 3rd row, if that makes sense. I would love to have one as a rental on a hunt though. It's a very capable vehicle in the mountains.

It can be done to fix some of the issues with seat gaps and so forth make sure you pack a inflatable pad for your bag you will be glad you did trust me. I speak from experience of not doing so. And the horn/locks are good advise my dumb a... hunting partner for some reason locked us in and I woke the whole campground up at 4am while trying to take a leak. Never seen such a rodeo of trying to find a set of keys.

Thanks for the input every one. still undecided. i do fine in my 1997 rav 4 but that is with left rear seat completely out.trying to keep my gear to a minimum for the flight out.

I'm 6-2 and have slept in the back of an Escape many times with the seats laid down. Can't stretch out, but fine if you sleep with your knees bent.

I have slept in back of 2005 Escape by laying diagonal. Seats forward. Pack gear in plastic tubs so easy to move to make room to sleep. I am 6'. If steep terrain, have parked nose of SUV uphill then recline seat to almost lay flat but this requires a steep incline or mound of rock. I sleep great in SUV with sleep mask and ear plugs. I use mosquito netting if warm so can lower windows. If cold, I turn on SUV to run heater once or twice a night for 10 minutes.

I'm 6'1 and used to sleep in the back of my 2002 4Runner all the time, and the new ones are slightly bigger inside. I'd use two sleeping pads and sleep diagonally. I don't know how flat (i.e. comfortable) the floor will get with the 2nd row seats down, but you should fit based on length.

I picked a new 2016 4Runner last week and at 6'2" I can fit back there. I didn't want one with the third row seats, but was able to get a deal on it since it was a year old and still on the dealer lot. I'd second the double sleeping pad idea and going corner to corner. After 15 years of driving soobies, and occasionally sleeping in the back of the Outback, I'm looking forward to hopefully getting 10-15 years outta this thing.

After about 10 shots of whiskey I can sleep anywhere comfortably. But I guess that doesn't answer your question.

Back