Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I guess I've been lucky, I've had 8 critters mounted by 3 taxis and all have been great guys. All mounts turned out great. Only reason I've used more than one is because each have their specialities, and are uncomfortable doing a mount on an animal they aren't familiar with.

I have waited a couple years on a mount before, but that's not really a big deal to me when I know I'll eventually get it and it will be quality work.

I have used Elk Ridge here in the Springs twice with good timely results. They were only antler mounts but I have seen his work and was pretty impressed.. Prices are pretty reasonable as well.
    "Never apologize for being a Patriot!"

Paying in full before delivery is a major red flag. Like said above, he now has no incentive to get the work done. When I was in the construction business none of our subs would get a check until their contracted work was finished and clean, and we wouldn't send our final bill to the client until the project was ready to go. HOPEFULLY your guy is just really bad about timelines for delivery and he'll still give you a great-looking animal when it's done...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12