American Lands Council Pivot

katqanna

Lands-Transfer Advocates Switch Their Pitch Thanks To Politics

ALC Proposal

Democrat Brian King is Minority Leader in the Utah House of Representatives and a member of the CDC. He said the lands council was pivoting because it can’t muster support for that idea even with Republicans in control of Congress and the White House.

“What I’d like to hear is a little more frank acknowledgement that what we’ve tried to do (in the state Legislature) for five years has failed,” King said to fellow members of the state panel. “And that we, who opposed this for the past five years, have been vindicated.”

They may be changing their message, but I wouldn't trust them with a dime of grant money, regardless if they are putting up half. Their Mission Statement still reads, "The clear solution to federal mismanagement of our public lands is to transfer some of these lands to willing states so that meaningful, sustainable reforms can be instituted by the people who care about proper management of these lands the most. The United States Constitution (Art 4, Sec 3, Clause 2) grants Congress the Power to transfer public lands to the States." And the Republican Party Platform still has transfer of Federal public lands to states as a plank.

They would not be putting up half. They would be matching with "in-kind". No cash. Just their own "resources, staff and volunteers". Make no mistake, this is the wolf in sheep's clothing. Don't be fooled by their Federal Land Policy Reform! It means nothing more than rape and pillage by drilling, mining, developing and grazing without any rules or safe guards for the environment or wildlife. Controlling the land is the next best thing to owning it. I have heard this out of their own mouths. It's still the Koch brothers scheme. Squash them like a bug. Don't let your county commissioners donate money to their cause. If you are worried about some of the things Sec Zinke and Pres Trump are moving forward on, this action is the same thing on steroids.

Good news: Opposition by public land users has been so effective that the PLT movement has changed hats. Thanks to all who have been vocal in opposing PLT, together we are stronger. Time to keep it up.

Bad news:
They would not be putting up half. They would be matching with "in-kind". No cash. Just their own "resources, staff and volunteers". Make no mistake, this is the wolf in sheep's clothing. Don't be fooled by their Federal Land Policy Reform! It means nothing more than rape and pillage by drilling, mining, developing and grazing without any rules or safe guards for the environment or wildlife. Controlling the land is the next best thing to owning it. I have heard this out of their own mouths. It's still the Koch brothers scheme. Squash them like a bug. Don't let your county commissioners donate money to their cause. If you are worried about some of the things Sec Zinke and Pres Trump are moving forward on, this action is the same thing on steroids.

ALC: "Our revenue streams are drying up due to the lack of popularity associated with our core mission. How do we reverse our current loss trends and put money back in our coffers to advance our mission?"
ALC Boss: "I got an idea. Lets just tell everyone we don't want to steal their lands anymore and pretend to get on board with the Public Lands are good gravy train."
ALC: "GREAT IDEA! Make it happen!"
ALC Boss: "Just to be clear, we are still going to try to and get the Feds to transfer the land back to us... I mean the state..."
ALC: "Oh, of course. Don't be silly."

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back