elk gun

No clue about that model gun but you obviously raised that one right!!! Got a new tag obviously need a new gun.

I have a micro Midas but it's chambered in .204, none the less I love it, it's a real tack driver wouldn't hesitate to buy another one. I usually let my nephew borrow it when we coyote hunt, I'm sure whatever she gets if it fits her well she will do just fine.

Son started hunting with a Ruger Compact .308 at age 7. He killed several truckloads of deer with that rifle as a kid. Recoil was never a problem. It is a killing caliber.

.308 will work just fine.... I like the hornady precision hunter ammo or nosler accubond for my elk rifle

My wife shoots a vanguard youth 308 she is 5 feet 1 inch on a tall day. The recoil isn't bad on it. I dont think think they make the vanguard in left hand model. I shoot a larger rifle but as soon as I can afford another hunting rifle it's going to be a 308. I never thought much of the cartridge till I was around it and now want one for my main elk rifle.

That sounds like a very wise choice. .308 hard to beat. For a young person or Lady, keep it light in the recoil, light to carry. Last thing you want in the field is some one that cant shoot accurately due to being tired from lugging added weight or from fear of recoil. If had time I would have them try some calibers out at the range see what she likes, see what she is comfortable with. I like to have personal choice involved as much as possible so they are taking more of an active role in it instead of being told what they can or cant handle. I let My boys all shoot my .223, 30-06 and my 7MM rem Mag and then my .338 win mag. Gave them a real good idea of what they didnt want to do. probably wouldnt go to that extreme with a young lady but, if they want to be involved in it let em. good hunting to you both

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElknTrout
Back