Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

6 Million YouTube Views

Curious .. what matters more, subscribers or views? Guessing subscribers for the revenue and views for the exposure? Either way its great.

Both matter. Views are the most measured metric. Subscribers get notified when a new video is up, so subscribers driver the base level of views.

Question - does it impact HuntTalk if we skip the ads?

We only get paid if ads are watched to the point where you can "skip ad."

Something not mentioned so far, the wider audience, is that measurable?
Youtube is visible worldwide, TV is not, great if you live in the US, but frustrating for other countries, and i suspect there are quite a few of us out there who really enjoy your show and take in the advertisements on the YT channel.
Just lately the 'follow along' films have been gripping, and the short informative films have been equally good.
I have introduced quite a few people in the UK to your channel, not meaning to blow smoke up your back side but they love it, please keep up the good work, it is really appreciated.
Cheers
Richard

The reason for so many views is such good content.

The world is abandoning TV. The difference between TV and the internet essentially nothing except for the fact that TV is more expensive and less convenient. It will continue to happen.

I very much appreciate being able to watch "free" content on your YouTube channel. I know it is a business, but as you said, YouTube allows you to reach more people with your message, and it's an important message.

You've done a great job Randy. I've contributed to many many views in the last couple weeks. We don't have cable or sat TV so being able to watch quality content that we choose to watch and not have to watch through netflix, amazon and youtube is nice. With smart tv's being the way of the future, i don't see the likes of cable tv lasting much longer.

One suggestion - I liked the DVDs and the download subscription. I have gotten hooked on the free Youtube videos but liked being able to subscribe to the High definition version.

Question - does it impact HuntTalk if we skip the ads?

The episodes are still available for download through VHX (and soon Amazon, hopefully). (VHX link: http://randynewberg.vhx.tv/#buy)

Skipping the ads has a very minor negative impact on our ad revenue from YouTube, but not that much. I personally would prefer that you spend your time watching our videos instead of intentionally watching advertisements that you would skip otherwise. I just ran the math and we're not allowed to post information about what our ad rates are, but trust me when I say that you skipping ads when you don't feel like watching them will not bankrupt the show.

I am another one here who has cut the cord on cable and I don't miss it at all. We have an antenna and stream anything else we want to watch. Love the YouTube channel and have contributed to the 6 Million! One vote for YouTube here.

It is far easier for me to pull up a YouTube video anytime I want. I do not have to wait till (whatevertime) the show airs on TV. Convenience for me is key. I have watched so many of the videos repeatedly it is not funny. The podcasts are also very informative, and I really enjoy them as well. TV is meh...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back