Caribou Gear Tarp

Nevada unit 61-68 mule deer early rifle

Grundy53

I was fortunate enough to draw a mule deer tag in Nevada my first year applying. I'm excited to hunt a new place. I'm heading down tomorrow morning to do some scouting. I think I'm going to focus on unit 61 and the North end of 62. Hopefully I'll have some success photos to share with everyone in October. Does anyone have pictures from those units that they would like to share? I would love to get an idea of what is out there. Plus I just like to see pictures of deer. Lol. Thanks in advance!

Check out the area around willow creek reservoir also. There are a lot of rolling hills in the area that hold animals. Also the best crappie fishing in the state. I haven't been in 061 or 062 for a long time so I can't help you there.

Check out the area around willow creek reservoir also. There are a lot of rolling hills in the area that hold animals. Also the best crappie fishing in the state. I haven't been in 061 or 062 for a long time so I can't help you there.

Thank you for the tips. I'll have to bring my fishing rod.

Keep in mind 400,000+ acres have burned around Willow Creek reservoir this year. The best deer hunting will likely be east and north because of that.

Keep in mind 400,000+ acres have burned around Willow Creek reservoir this year. The best deer hunting will likely be east and north because of that.

I was unaware of that fire. With as much grass is out there I'm not surprised though.

I hunted NV last year for the first time (not in this unit). If its like anything we hunted all we had to do was open the truck door and you were 99% further out then most. We saw not 1 hunter actually out of their rig! tons of road hunters. Hiked over a ridge away from roads and had canyons all to ourselves

Grundy, how did the scouting mission go? Any good prospects located in 61 & 62? I'm headed down tomorrow morning for my archery hunt, super excited to spend a couple weeks chasing miles with the bow!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winchester 73
Back