CO fall black bear unit 521 tips?

RidgeRebel

I just bought a left over rifle bear tag for Unit 521 in Colorado. I have been there a few times hunting elk and have a Muzzleloader elk tag for the same unit this year. I bought the tag for extra opportunity. I have killed a few elk, but never a bear so I am getting a little excited about the possibility of killing a bear. I have seen a couple bears over the years there, but just have usually bumped them and would not have been able to shoot anyway. Is there anyone willing to share info about were to possibly find some bears in the unit or at least some fall bear spot and stalk tactics? I could swap info on elk and deer in Southern Utah or elk in 521.
Thanks
Bob

I will be on the other side of the road during the same time. Check out the Colorado Hunting Atlas... generally speaking I've found their species range info to be right on the money.

There's bears everywhere in that unit. I have seen them down low towards the lake, and up high on Huntsman. I see a ton of sign in the Gambel's. Problem is, my sightings are never consistent, and don't happen that often. I would post up in areas you have seen them in the past and let the spotting scope do the walking.

Back