Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Sponsors for BHA's Hike to Hunt (Bozeman)

RobG

Is anyone interested in sponsoring me for Hike to Hunt? I suppose I could get 100 miles or more by Aug 31st if I don't get a job or have family issues. $0.10/mile would be pretty painless. I'll keep track via my ski-tracks app.

I'm in Bozeman if anyone wants to form a local hiking group and combine efforts for this. I usually get 1.5 miles on the M daily and I'll probably do a few 10 -20 milers in the Gallatin Range or elsewhere. I usually solo in bear country so company is welcome.
Rob

How does someone sponsor you for this Rob? PM me the info and I will confirm it with my business partner.

The directions for this event aren't terribly clear :(

I believe you go here and make the donation. I was thinking you would sign up for a rate (e.g. $1,00/mile ;)) and then donate at the end on behalf of me (Rob Gregoire) after I tell you how many miles I've walked, but I don't see anywhere where you sign up so I guess I just keep track of pledges and then periodically update sponsors who then donate. Perhaps Airlocksniffer can tell us how he's doing it.

Rob, you should organize a large group hike on the USFS trails on the east side of the crazy's through the Hailstone, and maybe another on Indian Creek in the Madison range. :D

The link Rob posted is the one I used. I don't believe they are tracking mileage/elevation. I just entered the amount and payment info and put the name of my bro on the last field (donation on behalf of).

Rob, you should organize a large group hike on the USFS trails on the east side of the crazy's through the Hailstone, and maybe another on Indian Creek in the Madison range. :D
LOL, I'm staying the bleep away from hailstone as that was part of the agreement, but we will probably sue them if they don't start making progress soon. I'll send out an update on that. I'm all up for Indian Creek! That on is actually open thanks to the forest services action.

The link Rob posted is the one I used. I don't believe they are tracking mileage/elevation. I just entered the amount and payment info and put the name of my bro on the last field (donation on behalf of).
So are you paying by the mile or just a flat donation?

Here are today's stats from a hike up the Bridgers. Perhaps I'll inspire someone to compete. For example, the first time I met greenhorn he had so little fat I thought he'd winter kill. But now he has man boobs. Maybe he should hike more.

The meadow in the last picture used to be solid leafy spurge, isolated from other patches by a mile or so. The national forest allowed me to spray it and its almost devoid of the spurge after five years and the grass is coming in pretty good, although it is very dry right now. I hiked up there to check out how it was doing.

Attachments

• IMG_6592.JPG
    IMG_6592.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_6591.JPG
    IMG_6591.JPG
    169.2 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_6593.jpg
    IMG_6593.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_6589.jpg
    IMG_6589.jpg