PEAX Equipment

Idaho Spring Bear hunt

fairchase

I haven't been around in awhile but I thought share a real good bear hunt I had this past spring.
I chased this boar around for three years and I finally met up with him in person, with a muzzleloader in my hand last May.
B17.jpg

After the drying period he taped out at 20 0/16th good enough for B&C and an inch bigger than the current state muzzleloader record.
spring skull.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, not often that a state record falls with a 5% increase. Your persistence paid off with a beautiful success. Congratulations

Awesome! Congrats on a very nice bear. This past spring was my first time chasing bears. Didn't see any but had a blast. How big was he?

Congrats! That looks just like the bear I got a couple of years ago ..................... other than being a lot bigger than mine. Rug or mount? Definitely share some pics of the taxidermy once you have it back.

Thanks guys. I feel really lucky that this all worked out after so long. Let's see...more details?
I do euro work as a side business so I did the skull and I gave the hide (6.5 ft) to a friend in return for handmade holster. I used a 300 gr. Barnes bullet and got 100% weight retention. Then on impact the bear ran right up my trail and ran out of air right at the base of my tree! Crazy, I never did reload because I could see him dead and it all happened in like 2 seconds.
MFDC6068.jpg
Here he is the night before
IMG_0273.jpg
This him seconds before my shot
IMG_0275.jpg
My bullet
IMG_0041.jpg
6 in. paws
IMG_0008.jpg
400 lb. bears are impossible to move or position for photos but here is a side angle that shows his size.
Thanks for looking.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElknTrout
Back