Caribou Gear

WY Unit 22

I've hunted 23 and been all over the north part of 22 scouting antelope while deer hunting the area, but decided there are a lot better units to spend my time in for both species. I now spend almost all of my time out there every year on the west side of the Big Horns for antelope, deer, and elk and will be there again a good part of September and October when we're not helping friends on an archery elk hunt in AZ and a moose hunt in ID.

didn't that area get hit hard this past winter? ( West of the Big Horns )

I hunted the east side of Unit 23 and the landowner stated that the west side of Unit 23 was hit harder by the winter than the east side. That being said I saw a bunch of antelope along Hwy 25 from Casper to Buffalo.

Got back from Wy. just this past Wednesday. Hunted in 22 with two doe tags. Filled both in less than 5 minutes less than a quarter mile from the interstate in the Northeast area, on BLM.
Two friends filled theirs on our way back in same area in a few hours.
Only saw two bucks there though, but lots of small groups of does. Not many deer either.
Had a blast shooting prairie dogs too.
Won't be after an Antelope buck tag there though. Lots of better spots in Wy.
Great hunt for does.

Got back from Wy. just this past Wednesday. Hunted in 22 with two doe tags. Filled both in less than 5 minutes less than a quarter mile from the interstate in the Northeast area, on BLM.
Two friends filled theirs on our way back in same area in a few hours.
Only saw two bucks there though, but lots of small groups of does. Not many deer either.
Had a blast shooting prairie dogs too.
Won't be after an Antelope buck tag there though. Lots of better spots in Wy.
Great hunt for does.

Interesting. We spent a lot of time in that area last year and couldn't get them onto public land for anything.
Congrats on the hunt.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back