Looking for people around Houston that would want to archery hunt in Saguache, CO

Djack

Im new to the group but I grew up in Colorado, Moved to the north Houston area 11 years ago and I've hunted elk with a bow in unit 68 my whole life. I am going early in the archery season this year and wouldn't mind the company. I have all the camping gear we would need for our main camp. You would have to bring all your bedding and food though or we can split food. I am also willing to not hunt until we fill your tag, I have called in bulls every year I've went and most shots have been 40 and closer. I get just as much adrenaline calling elk in for somebody else as I do calling and shooting myself.

Anybody that might be interested let me know and we can get together to work things out. Sorry theres not much time in advance because I have been debating on saving money to go on a drop camp hunt next year

IMG_0289.jpg This is a bull I called in for my old boss in 2013

How's it going, my name is Thomas. I live in Saguache and I bow hunted unit 68 last year. I have all the gear as well as pack horses. Originally from VT I hunted whitetail since I was 12. I'm 29 now and this will.be my second year Bowhunting elk.

Im sorry it took so long to answer but I got swamped with work and with Harvey coming through Houston I wasn't able to make it this year. My uncle is hunting in unit 68 this week though. Ive talked to him a couple times and he hasn't seen much yet. Good luck and I hope you get one, I will be going next year no matter what happens and we have a year to plan it out but you are more than welcome to hunt with us. Between my family and myself we have over 40 years of experience in unit 68 and I can get you set up on some good areas that always seem to hold elk if you don't mind the hike to get there.

Back