Knee braces

Lonesome_God_outdoors

So I am getting older and starting to feel the wear from hiking. I was thinking of getting a knee brace for this season but I don't know if the neoprene ones actually do anything and I don't think I want to get a metal frame one. Who has experience with one and what recommendations does anyone have.

I carry a neoprene/velcro brace in my truck for back up.Had them fixed years back as best they could then,but I have over done it a few times since.

Wore a neoprene brace for quite some time with some success until I finally got a total knee replacement and now I'm good as new and 62 years old, so it's never too late. The neoprene was not cumbersome and for me anyhow was sufficient, along with a pretty good supply of ibuprofen throughout the day!

neoprene work very well for me. what I noticed is that they warm your joint up and keep it warm and that is the majority of the problem for me. Plus they offer some total support for the joint when i get on the uneven ground. I try to go into the season without them, certainly during scouting, but generally have them on the 2nd day of rifle as knees are stiff after the first hard day of hunting and they help with the fatigue. They are a cheap/easy fix

I was having some knee issues last season and my doctor recommended a neoprene knee brace or that sport tape that you see athletes using. I went with the neoprene option as I can slide it off my knee while sitting or resting.

You have to get a brace that will do what you need it to do. If its just some general aches and pains, the neoprene ones work fine as a little compression will help the muscles feel better. If its cartilage or bone issues, the unloaders (or off loaders I think) will reduce the weight that gets transferred to the knee. If its ligament damage, a custom fit functional brace will keep the joint in proper position during lateral moves or uneven ground. If you ask a neoprene brace to provide real structural support, eventually you're going to be in trouble.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winchester 73
Back