mature bull body measurements?

p_ham

I am going to be making a full size target for muzzleloader practice and am having trouble finding body length. So far from what I have researched the brisket to shoulder should be 30"-40" and ground to shoulder should be 50"-60."

I made some full size mule deer targets last year that turned out well. I would be happy to take some photos and share dimensions if anybody is interested.

Well I found the tip to tail length is 8'. Found a pic on the internet and sized it to 8" then transferred it to the wood using grids. Stapled a shoot n c target over the vitals and went overboard painting.

0812172003a.jpg

Looks awesome.

Curious to what measurements you found for this besides the total length. Neck width at the front of shoulder? Bottom of chest to top of shoulder? Bottom of belly to the top of middle-back? Bottom of belly to top of back at the front of the back hip?

I'd like to make something similar, but leave out the head. Essentially everything you have painted in the tan color from the chest to the rump.

That's outstanding! I just made something similar out of cardboard for target practice with my flintlock. I say similar as in a kindergarten crayon picture (mine) vs the mona lisa (yours). I'm gonna have to do better...

Looks awesome.

Curious to what measurements you found for this besides the total length. Neck width at the front of shoulder? Bottom of chest to top of shoulder? Bottom of belly to the top of middle-back? Bottom of belly to top of back at the front of the back hip?

I'd like to make something similar, but leave out the head. Essentially everything you have painted in the tan color from the chest to the rump.

Neck width: 24" measured where tan meets brown
Chest to shoulder: 29"
Mid belly to back: 27"
Belly to hip: 26"
Tail to neck where tan meets brown: 60"

If you need anything else let me know!

I would like to see the mule deer targets with dimensions, by the way.

The elk turned out waaay better than the deer, they were placed at random distances to 450yd.

Tip to tail: 65"
Base of neck: 24"
Behind foreleg to top of back: 18"
Belly in front of rear leg to top of back: 18"
Height at shoulder: 36"

0814171736.jpg phone camera makes it look red for some reason, its the fall Grey color mulies get.

Back