Harris Engineering Bipod advice

marshman

I am looking to purchase a Harris Engineering bi pod for my Browning A-Bolt rifle. I am thinking about the Harris model #HBLMS.
I am not sure of leg length, 6"-9" or 9"-13", I am thinking I would want the 9'-13" legs, I am 6" tall with average build. This is the model with 1" notches
It appears I also want the "S" lock device, and I am thinking about the Rotapod also, but worry a little bit about additional weight.
Any help on this is appreciated, I come from brush country in Washington, heading to MT this fall, never needed this type of equipment on the coast.

I own both a 6-9 and a 13-27. I got the 6-9 cheap and would not buy one at that height for hunting, but it works. The 9-13 would be better. I really like the 13-27 as it works for prone, sitting and even kneeling, but it is heavy.

I know a lot of people prefer shooting sticks. I can't stand them. I want something that I don't have to think about, and shooting sticks were never where I needed them when I needed them.

Last edited:
If I run a bipod it's always the 9-13" with notched legs. For me the notched legs are the only way to go.

I really like the Harris bipods and have several models. As much as I like the 6-9 and 9-13 for range practice/very open terrain, I find that when I hunt I use the longer models like the 12" - 25." When hunting I always have a pack and use that for most prone situations, but when the grass/brush is too tall the taller bipod and sitting works good. Also, I only use the swivel models and usually switch the swivel tension knob for a lever like this one. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/2...-lock-for-harris-s-model-bipods-angled-handle

The 9-13 will cover 90% or more of your needs. Rarely while hunting big game do I take a shot from a sitting position. It's almost always prone.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back