Yeti GOBOX Collection

Teutonic Tuesday

Ben Lamb

The old wife said, "get yerself something nice for your birthday."

So I did.

1936 Greifeflt O/U 12 gauge w/ 26 inch tubes, choked Skeet1 & Improved Mod. Originally retailed through the Amerbcrombie & Fitch New York store. She weighs in at a lithe 6.5 pounds. Should do just fine for grouse, huns & pheasants.

Greifelt1.jpg

Greifelt5.jpg

Greifelt3.jpg

Greifelt8.jpg

Nice wood for a German gun:

Greifelt4.jpg

Greifelt6.jpg

Thanks guys!

We're a month out from grouse, but I plan on several long walks with this, and hopefully a few birds to hand.

Beautiful. But that recoil pad... I'm sure it needs one. Maybe a modern black limbsaver or such. Happy Birthday, for sure.

The pad is going to go, and it needs a 1/2 inch spacer in order to fit properly. That'll be an evening project in the next couple of weeks, but I'll likely go w/ a red decelerator old English style over the limbsaver.

It'll also get some attention to a couple of hairline cracks after the season is over. I figure I'll get another 20 years out of this stock before having to replace it. For an 81 year old gun, the only thing to have been done to it is shorterning the LOP from 14 5/8 to 14. I really wish they would have left the LOP the same, but at least the stock is original.

Pretty wood. Hope to see it in action.

Me as well. PM incoming.

Classy! From the pics I've seen here you seem to have a thing for form, function and beauty - and a safe to be envied.

I inherited the genetics of good taste, along with a safe full of nice firearms from my father. I love these vintage guns for a number of reasons, but the craftsmanship of hand-fitted locks, springs, wood and metal have the added benefit of longevity. I have guns from the 1870's that still have the original locks & springs and they're still out hunting.

That is a very pretty gun!
Glad you still use them for what they're intended purpose.

Very nice!! Good call on going with the Old English pad. But, should you get to feeling real saucy, a leather covered pad would be very slick on that... ;)

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hardan9
Back