Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Rosendale to run for US Senate, 2018

Rancho Loco

Against Tester.

Keep an eye on this whackjob. The frick and frack brothers must be rubbing their hands together in glee.

Watch how much money comes into this race. It will be absurd.

I will never vote for anyone who supports Public Land Transfer. The fact the Rosendale having his way would rob us of our hunting and fishing grounds needs to be one of Tester's chief messages moving forward.

He is nuts, I remember 2 elections ago when he ran the TV ads shooting down drones with a scoped rifle.

Rosendale is a full-blown enemy to Public Lands. See this comment from a 2014 Missoulian article:

“If we were able to manage and control those lands, we would be able to generate much more economic development opportunities,” Rosendale said. “We would be able to harvest a lot of that timber, we’d be able to acquire the minerals that are located in those areas and once again utilize the economic opportunities that are located in there.”

He said the federal government is losing money managing federal lands in states. The federal government is denying access for recreation, compromising air quality by not allowing logging, which leads to forest fires, and hurting fisheries as well.

“It’s economically unfriendly, environmentally unfriendly and adverse to the Constitution,” he said.

Wow. These kind of comments show that he is either so arrogant and narrow-minded in his pursuit to monetize everything for the short term, or completely checked out to the reality that outdoor recreation is a multi-billion dollar benefit to the state of Montana. Can we get a Randy/Rinella/Tawney cage fight going with this guy please?

Rosendale is a full-blown enemy to Public Lands. See this comment from a 2014 Missoulian article:

“If we were able to manage and control those lands, we would be able to generate much more economic development opportunities,” Rosendale said. “We would be able to harvest a lot of that timber, we’d be able to acquire the minerals that are located in those areas and once again utilize the economic opportunities that are located in there.”

He said the federal government is losing money managing federal lands in states. The federal government is denying access for recreation, compromising air quality by not allowing logging, which leads to forest fires, and hurting fisheries as well.

“It’s economically unfriendly, environmentally unfriendly and adverse to the Constitution,” he said.

Wow. These kind of comments show that he is either so arrogant and narrow-minded in his pursuit to monetize everything for the short term, or completely checked out to the reality that outdoor recreation is a multi-billion dollar benefit to the state of Montana. Can we get a Randy/Rinella/Tawney cage fight going with this guy please?

If he has not had a significant and genuine change of heart on these matters I think he will find his path to victory near impossible.

If he has not had a significant and genuine change of heart on these matters I think he will find his path to victory near impossible.

If he said he was now against it, would it be a change of heart or a change of a tune to the realization that he has a much lower chance of winning on a pro PLT platform in Montana? I don't believe he would change his opinions on public land policy one bit.

Folks should also look at his votes on issues that matter to you during his tenure in the state House & Senate. He has not been an ally to sportsmen or women.

This post didn't work well when doing a copy past from facebook.

Last edited:
If he said he was now against it, would it be a change of heart or a change of a tune to the realization that he has a much lower chance of winning on a pro PLT platform in Montana? I don't believe he would change his opinions on public land policy one bit.

I bet he and Zinke would just love to work together too! The inmates are truly running the asylum.

Methinks he will change his tune for the election then if he wins rob sportsmen blind. Hope you guys can hold his feet to the fire

I bet he and Zinke would just love to work together too! The inmates are truly running the asylum.

They were bitter opponents in the 12 primary. Not sure if there's much love between the two of them, and would wager that if there is, it's not a kind and warm love - just the love of power. This is going to be a very expensive race as the national GOP wants desperately to take out Tester.

Meanwhile, Tester just got two more bills signed that improve funding for the VA and increases staff for better services for our veterans.

No surprise, but I'm with Jon Tester. Dude flat gets it done.

If there were a Mount Rushmore for Senators, Tester should be on it. This outdoorsman sleeps better at night knowing Jons on my side.

If there were a Mount Rushmore for Senators, Tester should be on it. This outdoorsman sleeps better at night knowing Jons on my side.

For the most part. He did try to trade the Notch away. When it comes to public lands I give no passes.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back