Someone let the fox into the henhouse

Seems fair to say that he may not even be a wolf in sheep's clothing anymore. Just a wolf. And that seems unfair to the wolves

Attending a national annual meeting of one of the most influential conservative groups, and speaking about energy development is hardly controversial. Bear in mind also that HCN is hardly an unbiased news source, anything they print that isn't written by Hal Herring might well come with an agenda.

I read the posts about the access issues in the Sabino Wilderness Area here and watched the vids, (thank you very much whoever posted them). Last weekend Zinke did take a horseback ride into the Wilderness with Senator Heinrich as invited. Probably the greatest achievement from that ride was to give the senator and Zinke opportunity to speak candidly, it might well not be Zinke's decision to make about that access. Who knows. Zinke serves at the pleasure of President Trump. Real quick name someone better whom Trump might well appoint. . . no one. Wilderness access and monument designation both seem like no brainers to us, we aren't Sec of Int.

Zinke really does have a background hunting, and he really is from montana (not Maryland he he), and to some extent Zinke retains a core set of Western values that will probably stick with him forever.

The current administration is Republican, and for hunters that brings some good and some bad. ALEC does have some pro transfer people as prominent members, it all comes with the territory. Notice in that HCN article that the pro transfer types were not happy to have Zinke as Sec Int. I still believe that given that reality Zinke was an outstanding candidate for the job and I'm real glad that whoever lobbied for his appointment did so.

Politics is the business of getting what you want done, and stopping what you don't want done. I wouldn't prematurely declare Zinke to be a foe of hunting, he has done nothing to indicate that he is. There are many issues that might well prove more substantial than the Sabino access, and there might well come a time that we are very glad to have Zinke in the position he is in.

I believe Zinke needs to be judged by his words, deeds, and associations. When he does right by us, we should tell him. When he doesn't, we should tell him. Our democracy should hold its leaders accountable and remind them who they work for.

I wouldn't prematurely declare Zinke to be a foe of hunting, he has done nothing to indicate that he is. There are many issues that might well prove more substantial than the Sabino access, and there might well come a time that we are very glad to have Zinke in the position he is in.

I'm not going to let him repeal the Bears Ear and set the stage so the next yahoo can repeal the Missouri Breaks. That would be bad for hunters. And represents a slippery slope I don't want to go down

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElknTrout
Back