Ask your onX Hunt questions here!

So I have a Nuvi with a chip slot if I purchase the chip how well does it work with the Nuvi. All aim really interest in gps if for public/private ground boundaries and the ability to set some way points.

Easy Question: In the old app you cold hold your finger on a piece of private land/puplic land and info about that land would pop up with landowner name and what not... how do I do that now it's not working?

I tried to use mine in the field today on a hike. It was totally unusable because of the crashing. Maybe they ought to just give us the old version back.

This. It is too close to hunting season to be making their app basically worthless (I mainly hunt where there is no service). It's already hindered one scouting trip.

Here is my question, Pretty simple one. how do I figure out what the colors mean on the WY Game Distribution layer? Thanks!

There should be sub layers that indicate what each color represents. That is a bug that will be fixed with our next update. Thank you for finding that for us.

Easy Question: In the old app you cold hold your finger on a piece of private land/puplic land and info about that land would pop up with landowner name and what not... how do I do that now it's not working?

Now you just tap on the parcel you would like to query.

Hey Guys we wanted to give you a quick update. We are currently working on an update in the next week or so that should fix the save maps issues and some of the other bugs your experiencing. We cannot explain our gratitude for everyone's patience and feedback on Hunt Talk over the last couple of weeks. It has helped us tremendously identify and prioitize any bugs in the App. We want to thank you for your continued support. For the time being here is how to fix save maps and missing way points:

Saved Maps:
If you have not saved on the new version, you will need to be re saved for offline use with the updated version. This process has been greatly improved and you will now be able to save all three basemaps at once.
Additionally, we recommend you re save those maps each year to assure you have the most updated maps available, as we are constantly updating the data in your Membership. When saving, make sure to be connected to wifi with all other Apps colosed on your phone.

Missing Waypoints
We will do our best to get this data back for you and understand its importance. Here are a few steps you can try on your end to retrieve those points:

1. Make sure you have the latest version of the app downloaded to your device.
2. Tap on the My Content Menu at the bottom of the screen and swipe down on that screen to refresh your content. Look for your data to appear in that My Content section. If they appear there, but not on your map view, toggle those points off and back on.
3. If they still do not populate, try tapping on the My Layers tab and pull down in that section to refresh your Layers.
4. If you still do not see your content, log out and log back into the app. To log out, proceed to the Menu > My Account > Log Out.
5. Repeat steps 1-3 once you log back in.

If your waypoints show up, please let us know what step retrieved them. If they are still missing, can you let us know the name and or date that the waypoint was created? Any information you have about your missing points can help us try to recover them.
Thank you for your patience and understanding while we look into this issue for you.

- onX Hunt

I'm fairly new to the phone app and won't be relying on it exclusively (still going to carry gps), partly because I'm not as familiar as I'd like to be with it and partly because of the issues I've read about.
I haven't updated yet due to the occurring issues. Will it still function as it did without updating?

I just got the new version and have tried about 20 times to download an offline map with no success. Each time it will get about halfway through and then fail. Any ideas?

So I have a Nuvi with a chip slot if I purchase the chip how well does it work with the Nuvi. All aim really interest in gps if for public/private ground boundaries and the ability to set some way points.

Not sure on the nuvi but the chips and a GPS work great. I will never rely totally on the phone for many reasons

I saw there was a software update this morning. Completed the update & still crashes when in offline mode. This is on an iPhone 7.

New update for iOS went out yesterday to fix your state section not staying on when a user migrated no fixes for iOS saved maps are out yet. A new update for iOS is being tested internally right now to fix some of the saved maps issues. We hope to submit that today and wait 1-5 days for the apple gods to approve it.

Android update was released this morning and is available to download this will help to fix saved maps issues. Be sure to install the new version for this weekend.

Just as an FYI on timelines it usually takes a week to go through the process of identifying a bug, replicating the issue, coding the fix, testing the fix, and then 2-3 days to get approved by the app stores for release. So it is a big process that takes time.

To search for land owner names go to search and then click on the tab for Landowner, then type in the search. It will have to be pretty exact match to the tax records to pull it up. I start general by searching for only a last name, as first names can be tricky.

Downloaded the newest update today. Hit or miss downloading hi-res maps. It seems like if my phone goes to sleep, the map download will fail but if I keep tapping the screen to keep it awake it will succeed (most of the time).

More a nit than anything: when doing a line markup, the save/undo/exit buttons cover enough of the map to make it a pain to start your line. I think the buttons on the little gray drawer with the name, distance, notes, etc would be better placement.

iPhone SE, iOS 10.3.3

The new update seems to have cured my off line map crashing problem on my Samsung S8. Thank you.

What am I doing wrong? Mine has the same issues still. Did you delete all your maps and resave? Airplane mode? Wi-Fi off?

I click on "go offline " and scroll down to map, click it, cursor moves to saved map, screen stays white, scroll back up and offline is no longer highlighted.

There was a delete button now so I was able to delete the map that didn't download.

What am I doing wrong? Mine has the same issues still. Did you delete all your maps and resave? Airplane mode? Wi-Fi off?

I click on "go offline " and scroll down to map, click it, cursor moves to saved map, screen stays white, scroll back up and offline is no longer highlighted.

There was a delete button now so I was able to delete the map that didn't download.

I don't know. I just hit the go offline button the put my phone on airplane mode. It let me use my saved maps without crashing.

Well I updated to the new IOS version and now I cannot log in. Removed the App and reinstalled it same issue. Go to my Laptop and it works fine. Went off from Wifi and was able to log in but none of the layers are showing up after you select them. Went back on Wifi and can no longer use the app. Up till now really hadn't had any issues with the version.

To search for land owner names go to search and then click on the tab for Landowner, then type in the search. It will have to be pretty exact match to the tax records to pull it up. I start general by searching for only a last name, as first names can be tricky.

I see the option to select Landowner/Location on phone app, but not web app.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back